Question about changing hosting plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

al_savant

Reaction score
Greetings everyone.

I have searched everywhere and this issue is adressed nowhere. I am currently on a free hosting plan, specifically on the stoli server. I have set up my website and databases. However, I am considering on switching to a paid plan, in order to get my own domain name, increase my monthly traffic limit and my disk storage.

What I want to know is, if it is possible to switch to a paid server without having to transfer my databases and web files. I know I can upgrade and park a new domain name to my already existing website, but I'd like to know if the transition from free to paid also means I switch servers.

The reason I'm asking is mainly because I noticed that the free servers such as my own (stoli) are less stable than the paid ones, and I want to know if I can transfer to the paid ones just by paying, without having to move any of my files or databases.

I hope I didn't confuse you, and I'd appreciate a reply from someone who has actually done this.

kajasweb

Reaction score
Just order your paid hosting and raise a support ticket at clients.x10hosting.com ( after signup ) to transfer your account from free to paid servers.

al_savant

Reaction score
So what you're saying is, they do the database transfer for me?

Thanks for the fast reply btw. Gotta love forum lurkers :p

zen-r

Reaction score
This question was asked recently ;

http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/100509-servers-down.html

anyway anyone know howdo i upgrade directly to paid hosting?? i tried upgrade option in the account panel but it saids no avaible for my account....is there anyway to upgrade without transfer of files and changing nameserver? i cant wait cos i just got my site up and my site cannot afford to be down ...wat if this is all a gimmick so people will upgrade to paid servers in desperate times..but then again if its so critical for the site to be up, then shld hve opt for paid severs in the 1st place....this is so frastrating :(

There were several answers, & this final answer from TechAsh ;

There is an option. It's called 'Current cPanel username', if you enter your free hosting username there then the member of staff that deals with your order will do all the transferring for you.

Last edited:

al_savant

Reaction score
Sorry if I seem moronic, but I really need to be 100% sure about this before I switch to paid services, since it's not my money at stake here but a client's.

The guy on the first quote mentioned that he didn't want to change servers. However, I do. I want to get out of stoli and go into a paid server to gain stability, which is of major importance to me. So what I'm asking is, will the 'Current cPanel username' method guarantee that a staff member will move my databases, even over different types of servers (ie in my case, from stoli to a paid one)?

Again, sorry for my persistence, but I want to be absolutely sure about this.

tittat

Reaction score
So what I'm asking is, will the 'Current cPanel username' method guarantee that a staff member will move my databases, even over different types of servers (ie in my case, from stoli to a paid one)?

1) Yes, your account will be transfered to one of the paid server which is more stable.
2)Yes,all your data including databases will be transfered.

Still have any questions??? Please feel free to ask.
regards
Subeesh R

al_savant

Reaction score
No, I think I'm covered for now. Thank you for your quick support.
Edit:
I hate to reopen this topic but I've hit dead end.

The "Current cPanel username" option is nowhere to be found when I attempt to upgrade my hosting plan. I went to the account upgrade page, chose my paid hosting plan, proceeded up to the "check out" step, and I found nowhere the option to enter my current cPanel username. I did that 5 times, even tried logging out of the website and trying again, but to no avail.

Can someone please describe to me where this option is located, because either I am blind, or someone removed the option. And in the case of the later, I'd like to know what the alternative is.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Then just do as kajasweb said earlier ;

Just order your paid hosting and raise a support ticket at clients.x10hosting.com ( after signup ) to transfer your account from free to paid servers.

....unless another member of staff has some other advice for you.

My advice would be to get on & do it - you'll be fine!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We removed the "Current cpanel" option because it was confusing people... after signing up for paid hosting just open a support ticket and we'll be happy to transfer your account which includes everything even databases, and emails to the paid server.

-Corey

nzitguy

Reaction score
That works for me to, many thanks as its answered my question concerning this as well.

Many thanks all

nzitguy

Reaction score
so i assume doing the ticket worked? as i need to do the same very soon;)

Status
Not open for further replies.