Question about image uploading and mod_rewrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulric_dwyn64

Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking about creating my own website to host my photograph's on (I am a beginner photographer). I have also considered that in the future I may want other people to upload their images as well, many images taken with professional or compact cameras are around 3MB so that's quite a hefty chunk of space if say 10 users were uploading their own images.

I just wondered if this would be okay?

Also, does mod_rewrite work? I've tried to get phpinfo(); but that doesn't work because it says about security, so I can't see if its working or not. I've used Google and also consulted the Wikipedia, however neither seem to provide an answer.

EDIT: The feature to allow users to upload their own images will not be implemented straight away. In fact I may not do it at all, but if I ever do, I just wondered how it would stand.

Kind Regards

Last edited:

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Anything under 1GB should be okay.
Else, you have to opt for x10 paid services.

mod_rewrite - enabled
phpinfo() - disabled

ulric_dwyn64

Reaction score
Anything under 1GB should be okay.
Else, you have to opt for x10 paid services.

mod_rewrite - enabled
phpinfo() - disabled

Thanks for your reply, I guess its time to get to work! :cool: mod_rewrite is on? I'm doing something wrong then :p

Once again, thanks :D

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, mod_rewrite is enabled, but you couldn't get its status from php_info, as php_info is disabled. :)

Where are you getting error(s) ?

Also, note that you and only you are responsible for content of your hosting account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Please make sure that you include RewriteBase / at the top of your rewrite rules in the .htaccess file.

ulric_dwyn64

Reaction score
Yes, mod_rewrite is enabled, but you couldn't get its status from php_info, as php_info is disabled. :)

Where are you getting error(s) ?

Also, note that you and only you are responsible for content of your hosting account.

I'm not getting any errors I was just testing really, and I know I'm responsible :)

Please make sure that you include RewriteBase / at the top of your rewrite rules in the .htaccess file.

That's probably where I'm going wrong then, haha!

Thanks both of you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.