Question about my site

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
What content is in the anime is the least of your worries. Is this anime made by you? If not, you're probably illegally distributing it. Which is definitely against the Terms of Service. Not only that, I do believe file hosting sites are not allowed. A streaming website is technically a file hosting site.

batangyagit2038

Reaction score
What content is in the anime is the least of your worries. Is this anime made by you? If not, you're probably illegally distributing it. Which is definitely against the Terms of Service. Not only that, I do believe file hosting sites are not allowed. A streaming website is technically a file hosting site.

about the file hosting, actually i am not putting any videos on my database. I am just embedding videos from megavideo, veoh and etc. does it count as a file hosting? if I'm just embedding videos, does it mean that I am not illegally distributing those vidoes?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
File hosting, no.

But if the site that you are embedding them from does not have the right to distribute them, you are as guilty as they are.

batangyagit2038

Reaction score
File hosting, no.

But if the site that you are embedding them from does not have the right to distribute them, you are as guilty as they are.

file hosting, if no then i can now host my streaming site here without any suspension?
illegal distribution, I dont know if megavideo has the right to distribute those vidoes. If megavideo dont have the rights then does it mean that its a crime?

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
file hosting, if no then i can now host my streaming site here without any suspension?
illegal distribution, I dont know if megavideo has the right to distribute those vidoes. If megavideo dont have the rights then does it mean that its a crime?

If they are not hosted on your site then it would be okay. However, this would only be okay IF you weren't linking to illegal content. x10Hosting is based in the US, which means they need to follow copyright laws. Unfortunately places like megavideo, youtube, etc don't patrol their uploads as well as they should be. This lets people upload illegal content. It will get removed from their service eventually. Linking to illegal content, whether it be hosted on your account at x10Hosting or else-ware is still against the Terms of Service.

These rules aren't because x10 wants to be mean. These are real legal issues. If you were to host your own server and distribute copyrighted content they would take you to court. It's happened plenty of times before. Although they are starting to do other things, like force your ISP to not allow you to connect to the internet instead of spending money on lawyers to sue you for money you don't have.

TLDR; You should just stick to things you KNOW are 100% legal.

Last edited:

batangyagit2038

Reaction score
If they are not hosted on your site then it would be okay. However, this would only be okay IF you weren't linking to illegal content. x10Hosting is based in the US, which means they need to follow copyright laws. Unfortunately places like megavideo, youtube, etc don't patrol their uploads as well as they should be. This lets people upload illegal content. It will get removed from their service eventually. Linking to illegal content, whether it be hosted on your account at x10Hosting or else-ware is still against the Terms of Service.

These rules aren't because x10 wants to be mean. These are real legal issues. If you were to host your own server and distribute copyrighted content they would take you to court. It's happened plenty of times before. Although they are starting to do other things, like force your ISP to not allow you to connect to the internet instead of spending money on lawyers to sue you for money you don't have.

TLDR; You should just stick to things you KNOW are 100% legal.

thanks for everything that you said, i'll make sure that everything is legal because i dont want to live in jail