question about SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvaroag

Reaction score
i have a doubt... does the size of my sql databases on the hdd counts as part of my disk space? is there any other sql databases limitation than the number of databases?

thanks.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
No it does not count as disk space. I think the only limitation is how many you can have, it varies with each plan.

Cynical

Reaction score
Like Geoff said, it doesn't take away from your allocated disk space, nor are their limitations other than the number of databases, but obviously if you are hoarding gigantic databases (ie. if you are storing all your files in databases rather than uploading them via FTP), there will be some conflict.

alvaroag

Reaction score
that question was because i'm currently having a photo album on my site. currently, each entry on the database reffers to a file inside the public_html folder. but a friend told me it would be better to store the files inside the database, rather than just storing a reference to the file. all the photos are 640x480 JPEG high quality, but there are a lot(somthing more than 200, but will grow on some weeks). should I store the files in the database or folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.