Question about TOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

djalam

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing something for fun, only if its allowed by x10hosting rules.
Either way it makes no difference for me, because i just wanted try it for fun.
I wanted to know whether making a in-site (autocomplete) search, using ajax with php query allowed?
Is it resource intensive? Because I don't want to get banned or anything.

Basically after 3 letters(minimum) have been typed then it does an seamless ajax query through php to the database and back.
As far as I know ajax chat are against x10 rules, so I don't know if that applies to this scenario as well. A little help or heads up would be nice.

Like I said before, its only for the heck of it. So If its not allowed then I don't want to do it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The TOS was updated several months ago actually, ajax chat's aren't against the TOS anymore, so what you have in mind would be perfectly fine.

My only advice would be to have some form of flood protection so it doesn't spam the databases with queries every time someone changes a letter - the high resource usage rules still apply, and while the site won't get taken down permanently if hit with one, it'll take the site offline for an hour, which won't help matters I'm sure :)

djalam

Reaction score
Thankyou so much Livewire for the fast reply, Enjoy the Night Officer 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.