Question about uploading files

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyser318

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to upload a CRM file, so we can host it on the server. I am confused as to how I upload and then install the program. Thanks so much! What is the FTP address and port number? I also would like to be able to get the program to run as a service/web service in the environment.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
FTP host, in your situation: conzer.x10hosting.com
FTP port: 21
Username, in your situation: keyser31
Password: your cPanel password

Your Web site files are located in the public_html folder.

You cannot install scripts to the server which need to run as services, this is for security reasons. I'm sorry about that.

Last edited:

keyser318

Reaction score
ok. So does that mean I cannot run Sugar CRM on the webhosting service?

It needs to be able to run Apache, MSSQL, PHP in either a linux environment or windows. Will that work?

Thanks!
Edit:
also i cannot get the ftp to work. Do I have to turn it on somewhere?

Last edited:

lnakuma

Reaction score
If you use firefox, you can download FireFTP addons, and all FTP account information is in your cPanel, just look through your cPanel->FTP

keyser318

Reaction score
Ok. I do not see the ftp information in the control panel. When I try to log into the cpanel through the URL it won't let me. When I am in the cpanel through the link above it doesn't give me any choice.

Also does anyone know the answer to the other question above about the CRM software?

ah-blabla

Reaction score
Sugar CRM should work: I think you might be slightly confused as to how it works: it is a php based program, i.e. is launched by somebody calling your page in a web browser, which is how most sites here work. (Databases are also available here on X10.) It doesn't need to run as a web service, i.e. it doesn't need to be constantly running on the server.

//Edit: I doubt you will actually be able to run Sugar here (but don't quote me on it) because of it's high resource requirements. There's a prerequisites and installation guide here for more info.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.