Question to Sales Representative

Status
Not open for further replies.

atjohnson

Reaction score
Hi,

My name is Alexander Johnson, I am a sports writer, graphic designer, and web developer who has decided to build a website to showcase many of my own articles as well as the articles of other amateur sports writers. Currently we have 190 members and we look forward to expanding our services.
At this point we are using x10Hosting's free web hosting which we have generally found a very good option for those who can't afford paid web space. As we are expanding we are interested in buying a domain name and web space, probably with x10Hosting..

The problem is, we have been having many problems with the speed at which our pages are downloading (not related to the material on the particular web pages) and other bandwidth issues. This has caused lag of which at times many pages end up with a "Connection reset at server" or other error messages. Infact as of this moment www.sportschat.pcriot.com comes up with the Error: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL - which I assume has something to do with the slow connection our users are having to the x10Hosting servers, due to the fact we have not changed any details in the last couple hours and the website was working perfectly a couple hours ago, we do not believe it was an issue on our part.

My question is; If we buy paid web hosting from x10Hosting, would we be provided with better bandwidth then the free hosting? I understand many hosts that do give out free web space often share bandwidth, so bandwidth is not guarenteed. Is bandwidth guarenteed with a paid hosting account?

Thank you for your consideration!
Alexander Johnson

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
There is some downtime on paid hosting, but it is very very rare. There are very few accounts on a paid server compared to the free servers. In all the time that I've had my paid account (maybe 4-5 months) I've had one instance of downtime. The rest of the time my site has been extremely quick. You can check it out using the link in my signature if you want.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
One more piece of advice, the developmental package expires at the end of this month. It's $20/year, which is by far less than any other of the paid packages, and has most of the same benefits, less the paid support access. You can check out the discussion here:

http://forums.x10hosting.com/news-announcements/103457-development-package.html

If you need to upgrade further, you can always do that, but the developmental package will be gone soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.