Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

butter_wing

Reaction score
Okay, rephrasing this lol. Okay os I have a domain that I bought, do I just put it in the parked domain? or does it have to go.. somewhere else?

Lol I've never delt with domains and what not before so im not to sure what to do. Or even if I think what I need to do will work.

If I park the domain, how do I work on the site, or bring up a forum for the domain?

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Yes put it in the parked domains. Then you have to go to where you got the domain(If not x10hosting) and point the nameservers to x10hosting.

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

then after a bit I think anywhere from 2 minutes to 48 hours it should kick in.

butter_wing

Reaction score
Ok and if I already have the nameservers changed to those? and I park the domain after should it work?

How.. or rather where do I go to work on it, does it have to do with the FTP management?

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, you can first point it and then park it.
It will work as you were working. A parked domain will allow you to have www.yourdomain.com instead of domain.x10hosting.com. You will still be able to enter your website with the x10hosting subdomain.

butter_wing

Reaction score
Alright, I have that all settled..

How do I work with the FTP?
Really I'd like to bring up a forum for it, but I cant figure out how to get the Phpbb to work in the controll panel..

Thanks for the help though :lol: ;)

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Use the server ip and your username and password from cpanel to connect to your account via ftp. Download your phpbb (it should be SMF, lol) and then use your ftp to upload to your directory.

butter_wing

Reaction score
Hehe.. I have no idea how to do that. Would it involve using SmartFTP? Which I dont know how to use either :drool:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I recommend you CuteFTP or Filezilla, i used to use SmartFTP but i think the two i recommended you are better.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
In Cuteftp if you start it up and then go to the tab "File"---->"New"---->"Ftp Site" It will let you enter all the info I just mentioned above.

butter_wing

Reaction score
Okay so I uploaded the Phbb file thing. I hope i did it right XD
Now.. what am i suppose to do with it? I put it in the public ftp? Lol I dont know

butter_wing

Reaction score
Ok! well I got all the way up to the install part, and when i go to install it I get this little tid bit. Now Im guessing my Mysql isnt right? Lol i dunno

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'butter_mychat1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/butter/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/butter/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/butter/public_html/Forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Try just entering the name of the database not the username to. It looks like the password is right. (SMF installs easier, lol, and it's better)

Status
Not open for further replies.