Questions about Tiny VPS

How easy is it for a know-nothing to control a VPS server

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
Check the date on that article (1999), The stuff it talks about is no longer needed or relevant.

zapzack

Reaction score
you need to create 2 subdomains at Godaddy.. make them ns1 and ns2.. you need to forward the A records on them to your VPS' IP addresses.. once you have done this, you need to install bind on your vps..

rebellion

Reaction score
Don't use LX admin unless you have a desire to get your server hacked into and trashed. The LX Labs project is dead, and so is the developer.... He killed himself, and since then developers have found many security flaws in LX Labs software.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
o that's great. so what should I use instead of LX Admin?
I don't really want to upgrade to VPS 2 to use cPanel, since I only have a minimum wage job, and still need to pay for college

zapzack

Reaction score
o that's great. so what should I use instead of LX Admin?
I don't really want to upgrade to VPS 2 to use cPanel, since I only have a minimum wage job, and still need to pay for college

Try Webmin!

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
i was also looking at ISPConfig.

now would etheir Webmin or ISPConfig be able to run on 128Mb of RAM?

I am looking to setup a linux server (debian) at home just to fool around with and learn the commands before I go and get myself $8 poorer and a VPS on my hands. but i have optimum online boost, and they don't allow FTP, or DNS. what f*ers

Status
Not open for further replies.