Questions on free service and new starter annual upgrade regarding email.

Comtois

Reaction score
Firstly, I am fairly certain that the SMTP mail service is NOT enabled with the Free option because although I can receive test emails, I can not send outgoing emails or respond to incoming email, which is kind of a deal breaker for me. It's the only thing that kept me turned away from making a commitment to using x10hosting.

So, I would like to know if the upgrade to the annual starter plan would enable the smtp service or would it still be disabled.

Also, the free plan says you get to have 3 domains and get 3 email accounts, but is that 3 email accounts in total across all 3 domains, or is it 3 email accounts per domain?

Seems these days all domain registrars have removed free email accounts from their services, which I used to have, so now I have been forced to search for more affordable services that include at least a basic level of email hosting. At the moment I have transferred some of my domains to a different registrar, and then signed up for basic email hosting via Zoho services for a small annual fee, but they only allow 1 user account per domain with only 1 email address, but they do allow multiple additional email aliases which helps. I am not sure if x10hosting provides email aliases either.

So I am still wavering between that solution and x10hosting as my answer moving forward.

I don't use website hosting at all for my domains, they just point to linktr.ee pages, but having basic personal email services for them is essential, and not something I care to invest much money in. Some hosting plans for this are just plain ridiculous.

ctyrd

Reaction score
Firstly, I am fairly certain that the SMTP mail service is NOT enabled with the Free option because although I can receive test emails, I can not send outgoing emails or respond to incoming email, which is kind of a deal breaker for me. It's the only thing that kept me turned away from making a commitment to using x10hosting.

So, I would like to know if the upgrade to the annual starter plan would enable the smtp service or would it still be disabled.
SMTP is enabled for x10 free services. Even the default (account) email address. You just have to know how to set it up.

This needs to be verified: Some sort of web page should be in place for x10 free services. Log in to Directadmin panel once every thirty days. 200 email send (smtp) limit.

Comtois

Reaction score
Actually, I messed up. Since I was trying multiple free services to test them out, I confused x10hosting with 50Webs. It's 50Webs that blocks their smtp service on their free offering. I dont know if I tried testing email on X10 yet. Sorry for the mistake.