Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessicaR

Reaction score
Alright, I'm new to having all these option thingies and this has probably been asked, but I did do a search.

How do I use the pop3 mail option? I've never had one of these before.

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Alright, First off, to use POP3 Mail, you need a Mail Client. a good free mail client is ThunderBird. It is from the maker's of FireFox so You know its gonna be good =D

Now, We need to set up your ThunderBird so it can access your mail account

here are the defualt settings:

Mail Server Username: yourlogin+yourdomain
Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.net/.com
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) X10SERVER.x10hosting.com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.com/.net (server requires authentication) port 25
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) mail.yourdomain.com/.net (server requires authentication) port 25
Supported Incoming Mail Protocols: POP3, POP3S (SSL/TLS), IMAP, IMAPS (SSL/TLS)
Supported Outgoing Mail Protocols: SMTP, SMTPS (SSL/TLS)

Ok, So if your username is Bob, your domain is bob.x10hosting.com, and your hosted on server Stoli this is your username:

bob+bob.x10hosting.com

Incoming Mail Server: mail.bob.x10hosting.com
Incoming Mail Server: (SSL) stoli.x10hosting.com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.bob.x10hosting.com
Outgoing Mail Server: (SSL) mail.bob.x10hosting.com

the ports for SSL and POP3 are 25. If you want to send mail, you can not use POP3, you have to use SMTP or SMTPS.

Last edited:

JessicaR

Reaction score
Holy crap! That sounds complicated. I'll have to check it out when I get home ;) . Thank you so much for your reply!

JessicaR

Reaction score
Ok, one more quick, related question. How many pop3 e-mail addressed can be used? I am the president of a non-profit organization (I'm having the build the website myself, but that's another story) and so I wanted to use one, but what if some other members want one too? How does that work?

Thank you in advance!

Blazer9131

Reaction score
Depends on your hosting acount. On mine I can have 15 accounts. I dont know how many you have, but if you change your account to Corporate, you get 15. I don't know, but if you ask Cory or a account manager, they might add more mail accounts to you hosting account. It's always worth a shot. =D

nol888

Reaction score
I don't know...I have unlimited e-mail accounts it says.

JessicaR

Reaction score
I'm using the adfree hosting for now. I don't need very many, if I even need more than mine.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Ad-free gives you 5 accounts
Edit:
P.S configurable from the cPanel. The cPanel also shows you how many accounts you have and a whole load of other usfull stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.