Quick Design Development

goldy30

Reaction score
Quick design development of a website
I'm currently doing Information Technology at TAFE in Australia and although I'm new to the whole development and coding of websites, I don't claim to know everything. Something became apparent about the process of being able to create a website quickly. The use of programs out of the Adobe suite - photoshop, fireworks and dreamweaver can get you a website done within an hour, if that.

You can basically knock up a design in photoshop and save it, open that file up in Fireworks and slice it up, add behaviours like rollovers for navigation and what not, export it as an HTML file and from there you can basically edit and add content in Adobe Dreamweaver. takes me less than half an hour to develop a basic prototype. From there is takes more time to add content, pics, forms or what ever.

Compliments to the Adobe suite!

Cheers
Daniel​

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
It then takes you about 2 years of hard work to save up & pay for all these expensive Adobe programs ;)

cairoboy

Reaction score
I dont mean to be harsh, but how impressive would a prototype knocked up in half an hour be? Its my experience that clients cant or wont visualize a design, most people pretty much need to see a finished work before parting with their cash.

tonykgv

Reaction score
I think the idea of automated production is great. Your main problem is that it is like using a calculator to do your arithmetic. If you always use it, you can get by without knowing any arithmetic. If you use automated processes without the knowledge as to what it is actually doing, then when your client asks you to do something that is a little different, you will have problems because your automates systems will not be able to procide the answer. Use them after you have learnt to do it from first principles.

sunils

Reaction score
/****************Moving to offTopic********************/

Reason:- Just a article by an user.

angeleyes

Reaction score
It has been years since I used a wysiwyg program. I have been told that they are much better than they used to be. Are these assembly line pages standards compliant? Do they get tested in multiple browsers? How do You fix them if they break? Writing the code by hand may be tedious, but you know what every line is for. By breaking the page into blocks you can use includes to make a template that will allow plug in content at will. I have even used php to include site wide head imformation (styles, scripts, and such).