Quick issue with an A Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc se7en

Reaction score
Quick issue with an A Record [resolved]

My A Record blog.mcse7en.com is not functioning correctly. I tried deleting and re-adding it but it's still not working. It returns a 403 error when I try to visit it. It should point to 72.32.231.8

I've cleared my cache and flushed my DNS about a million times and it's still not working. If an admin could take a look at it and see what's up, that would be great. Thanks

Mike

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I just tried www.mcse7en.com and its working.
FOr your blog how did u add A record.
Try addnig in this format
like *.yourdomain.com pointing to your ip.
(*.yourdomain apllies to all ur subdomains)

mc se7en

Reaction score
I just tried www.mcse7en.com and its working.
FOr your blog how did u add A record.
Try addnig in this format
like *.yourdomain.com pointing to your ip.
(*.yourdomain apllies to all ur subdomains)

The main site on mcse7en.com is working fine. It's the blog A Record that isn't. The staff added it back a few weeks (months?) ago when we didn't have DNS Zone Edit capability in Cpanel.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Try pointing it to 74.63.233.26

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
nope its of x10s. Now your blog is working........ try

mc se7en

Reaction score
nope its of x10s. Now your blog is working........ try

I'm still getting a 403 error. My blog isn't hosted on x10 and I don't want my A Record pointing to it. I need it pointing to the IP in the original post (tumblr.com).

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Flush your DNS amd then try. I just saw your blog. A page with some youtube videos.... ok your blog will be on tumblr thats not a problem.

mc se7en

Reaction score
My first post:

My A Record blog.mcse7en.com is not functioning correctly. I tried deleting and re-adding it but it's still not working. It returns a 403 error when I try to visit it. It should point to 72.32.231.8

I've cleared my cache and flushed my DNS about a million times and it's still not working. If an admin could take a look at it and see what's up, that would be great. Thanks

Mike

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Ok Your A records r correct.. I thougth the blog is on x10 .. . When i ping your blog its giving me the ip you told ie Of tumblr.
Edit:
I saw two A records for blog.mcse7en.com
Just use One A record . ie 72.32.231.8
This might solve your problem

Last edited:

mc se7en

Reaction score
Ok Your A records r correct.. I thougth the blog is on x10 .. . When i ping your blog its giving me the ip you told ie Of tumblr.
Edit:
I saw two A records for blog.mcse7en.com
Just use One A record . ie 72.32.231.8
This might solve your problem

Not sure how I ended up with 2, but that might do it. I don't see anything in the simple editor. I'll check the advanced one.

Found it! Apparently I have a lot of A Records that are identical for the blog but one that's different. That should fix it. Thanks for your help!

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
Not sure how I ended up with 2, but that might do it. I don't see anything in the simple editor. I'll check the advanced one.

Found it! Apparently I have a lot of A Records that are identical for the blog but one that's different. That should fix it. Thanks for your help!
As i told you when first time when i accessed thru a proxy i got ur blog. But later it was not showing.
Also it is has to pointing it to tumblr.
Just before i again tried your blog i got a error from tumblr server.(thru proxy) But when i normal browse it showing 403 error. Try using one A record otherwise it may be a tumblr server issue

mc se7en

Reaction score
As i told you when first time when i accessed thru a proxy i got ur blog. But later it was not showing.
Also it is has to pointing it to tumblr.
Just before i again tried your blog i got a error from tumblr server.(thru proxy) But when i normal browse it showing 403 error. Try using one A record otherwise it may be a tumblr server issue

Yeah I somehow had a bunch of them. I got all but one removed and it's working fine now. Thanks for the help!

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
I just checked ,, FInally its working...... lol
Cheers ........

Status
Not open for further replies.