Quick question about ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc se7en

Reaction score
According to the ad-enhanced plans, if the ads don't show up but the code is still in the page, the page counts as being ad-enhanced. Well, I hate advertising on my site and don't really want to add it, BUT I love x10 and wish I could make you guys some profit (and of course get myself some extra disk space and stuff ;)). If the code is put in the page, but is hidden using html to keep it from actually being visible, do you guys care? If not, I may do that, but if you don't allow that, then I'll just stick with my regular account. Either way, the code is there, and I believe you still get paid for them then, right?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
A quick search reveals this thread with info straight from an account manager http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-hosting/108415-i-want-upgread-my-hosting-account-ad-enhanced-corporate-package.html. The ads must be viewable without scrolling.

The whole thing about ads not showing up even though the code is there is because sometimes the ad code isn't functioning through some technical error. That's happening right now because of the upgrades and migrations.

So I believe that deliberately hiding the ad, but still having the code there is a violation of the ad requirement. Staff reviewing the site must be able to see the ad when it's working.

mc se7en

Reaction score
Ah ok. I just wondered because I saw some discussion on the topic from a while back. I figured that's probably how it would end up. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.