Quick Question about new TOS rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
They certainly don't use MySQL nearly as much as a chat script. There's no mention of it in the new TOS either. I don't have a good record of being right about these sorts of things, but I'm certain that you may use a shoutbox on your site :p

mikesla115595

Reaction score
They certainly don't use MySQL nearly as much as a chat script. There's no mention of it in the new TOS either. I don't have a good record of being right about these sorts of things, but I'm certain that you may use a shoutbox on your site :p

Hi garrettroyce, how are you sir?

Okee Dokee. Your record is fine there garrettroyce. I don't see any other folks posting in response. I'll give it a try not that it would be used much, my users are more who quickly visit see if anything is new, if not they are off to better things :).

Thanks again garretroyce, your always a big help, cheers, and take care!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll update this since I remember the behind-the-scenes discussion on it.

Shoutboxes are now okay, with one minor exception: you are still at risk of the High Resource Usage suspension if it's too resource intensive.

That said it's no longer an instant-permanent-suspension, so it's definitely a step up since most of the good ones won't cause a HRU anyways :)

mikesla115595

Reaction score
I'll update this since I remember the behind-the-scenes discussion on it.

Shoutboxes are now okay, with one minor exception: you are still at risk of the High Resource Usage suspension if it's too resource intensive.

That said it's no longer an instant-permanent-suspension, so it's definitely a step up since most of the good ones won't cause a HRU anyways :)

Hi Livewire.

Oh definitely it's a step up, absolutely no doubt about it. X10 just keeps getting better, and better all the time. :)

I uninstalled the Shoutbox software. I guess I wanted to see what it was like (it's like telling a child not to push that red button), and to tell you the truth, it is cool, but just not my cup of tea. :)

Cheers Livewire...and thanks again...take care!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.