Quick question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJ4

Reaction score
Is this a problem caused by the server move? I had my vBulletin working for a day or so, and then this happened about the same time my mysql databases went down for a few hours. I have since cleared the databases and reinstalled vB, but the error hasn't changed. I deleted all custom themes and plugins before reinstalling, as well. I have never had this problem on a vBulletin board before, nor have I ever seen a problem like this.
Also, if it is an x10 issue, can I be notified when it will be safe to try installing again? I know, you don't know when the server moves will be finished, but surely you will know when it is safe to make a forum again. :happysad:

TIA,
-(NIN)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that this had something to do with the server move (still in progress I think); several people said their databases went down etc. All will be up once the server move is completed

Cynical

Reaction score
Your entire site is down... it could have possible been terminated (wait for a staff reply to confirm) for some reason or another. I'm going to have to say it is not a server issue as my site is up and working fine (aside SQL of course, as Spartan mentioned).

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Yes it is. And I really don't think you should have changed anyour db's.

You should be safe to install once the staff post in the news that the transfer is complete and all issues (mainly caused by transfer) have been resolved.

EDIT: OMG! 3 replies at the same time!!!

Last edited:

NINJ4

Reaction score
Alright, thanks to everybody who responded, I'll wait till the server move is done before messing with forums. Thanks again.

lambada: What do you mean when you said "And I really don't think you should have changed anyour db's."

Cynical: My site hasn't experienced better than ~40% uptime since I joined, I think I was on the retarded end of the server move...:hahano:

In case you just saw the not available screen, this is what the error I was talking about is:
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pjb5tu.jpg <-click to view screenshot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.