Quota Limit reached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tstmuge

Reaction score
I was trying to check my email account, and it gave me an error saying that I was over my quota:
Internal Server Error
User 'tstmuge' is over quota.
cpsrvd/11.36.2.12 Server at level.x10hosting.com

I logged into cPanel to see what went wrong, and learned my disk space usage is at 1,077.3/ 1024 MB.So it's at 100%. I thought there was unmetered diskspace even for free accounts? Why am I getting this error?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is an initial allotment of 1024MB (primarily to prevent immediate abuse and secondarily to help in resource planning), which will normally be extended to unmetered on request to accounts that are at least 7 days old, have a working web site, are using more than half of the allotment (that is, you have to show that it's likely you'll actually need unmetered space) and are in compliance with the Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy.

See this thread for details. Once the request has been made, somebody with admin privileges will review your account, and if nothing is too far amiss, you'll normally be unthrottled. Remember that there are only a few people who have sufficient access (most of us volunteers don't), so it might take a day or two for somebody to get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.