Quote It! - Share your favorite quotes

yama1111

Reaction score
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
-Albert Einstein-

linuxman

Reaction score
Hindsight is an exact Science.
""Wealth is commonplace, Wisdom is rare" Dan "Lost the plot" Brown. I know, "Where wealth is rare, Wisdom is commonplace" Clever Anonymous

Jennacide

Reaction score
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
—Noel Coward

I lol'ed a lot =)

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A right delayed is a right denied - Martin Luther King, Jr

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
hey mates, a great response to the thread, appreciate it...
Here is another quote
"quality > quantity"

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
"It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." -- John Cleese (as Brian Stimpson) in Clockwise

"Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in." -- Robert Frost (in Death of the Hired Man)

"I used to be with it, then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" sounds weird and scary to me." -- Abe Simpson

"'Deep breaths, honey,' I said.
'**** off,' she explained.
So much for Lamaze."
-- Spider Robinson (from Callahan's Legacy)

Jennacide

Reaction score
LoLa Jenacide.. Some real good quotes, very nice, keep them rolling...

LOL thx an okay hehe...

So like, sadly my dad died when I was young, but I have two older brothers, so when anyone would come by to pick me up, my oldest brother would always tell him before we left, "hey, I have a shovel and a shotgun and I doubt anyone will miss ya..." hahahahahaha I love my fam ;P

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I forgot one of my all-time favourites:

"It's amazing how much mature wisdom resembles being too tired." -- Robert A. Heinlein

And who can forget these remarkable gems from a former U.S. Vice President:

"I was recently on a tour of Latin America, and the only regret I have was that I didn't study Latin harder in school so I could converse with those people."
"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is." (Riffing on the United Negro College Fund motto.)
"Republicans understand the importance of bondage between a mother and child."
and, of course:
"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." -- all from the mouth of J. Danforth Quayle (there were far too many like this to include them all)

Jennacide

Reaction score
LOL essellar you had to go there... hehe

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." --presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004 <~ what a fricken tool!!!! hahahaha

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." --Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000 <~ it just keeps getting better an better ROFL!

"Do you have blacks, too?" --to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001 <~ *facepalm*

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000 <~ I'm going to cry...

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." --LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000 <~ how in the @#$%'ing hell did this guy get in office??? I mean... really? dayum...

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right." --Rome, Italy, July 22, 2001 <~ @.@ WTF??

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

annnnnnnd

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." --Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002 <~ sigh

And if that wasn't enough... our illustrious idiot... I mean, President... *cries* had this to say: "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." --Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

"Hey G-dubbya... A village in Texas is missing it's idiot!" Jenna 2011 ha! Course I know that's been said before but meh, it's all mine tonight LOL

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yea, verily, Jenna, in order to truly plumb the depths we must always remember to look up. If children's laughter could really power the world (Monsters, Inc. reference), then our recent crop of politicians would no doubt represent a never-ending source of renewable energy. Having been through a couple of elections here (a national and a municipal) and with another fast approaching (provincial), and watching the preparations for Indecision 2012 to my immediate south, I don't see an overwhelming trend towards the emergence of Philosopher Kings yet, so there's no energy crisis on the way.

But as Neils Bohr is reputed to have said, "the opposite of an ordinary truth is a falsehood, but there exist Great Truths as well, and the opposite of a Great Truth is another Great Truth." We can always find wisdom among our acclaimed idiots if we cannot find it among those who are supposed (by office or degree) to be wise. And in that spirit I give you this:

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it." -- Yogi Berra

I remember ejecting a beverage of some sort through my nose the first time I heard it. On reflection, though, and after finding the actual context in which it was said, I discovered that it can be translated as "don't be paralyzed by indecision." Makes a lot of sense, in a Chance the gardener kind of way.

Last edited:

sankalpgarud98

Reaction score
Hey there,
I guess there is a cold war going on between Jennacide and Esselar and I probably am the spectator. I dont mind being one, because after all , THE QUOTES ARE GOOD.

WHAT I just said is not a quote, here is one :

here is one stupid quote (it was said when tv was just invented): "I dont think Television would be adopted by people"

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Man loves little and often, woman much and rarely.

Immature love says "I love you because I need you." Mature love says "I need you because I love you."

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.

Everything changes but change itself.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labour; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.

Jennacide

Reaction score
“Do or do not... there is no try.” ~ Yoda

"We are the all seeing, all dancing crap of the world!" ~ Tyler Durden

Last edited:

darzamora

Reaction score
"I have tried 99 times and have failed, but on the 100th time came success." — Albert Einstein

"JUST DO IT!" — Nike

SniperFox

Reaction score
"Artists who seek perfection in everything are those who cannot attain it in anything." - Gustave Flaubert

"Don't listen to critics, your friends, family, not even your mother. If you venture into a piece of artistic work - whether yours or someone else's - if it hits you on a visceral level, then no other opinion really matters. Does it?" - Leo [+mw.Lionheart]

"Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly." - Dr. Robert H. Schuller