Racing?

nterror

Reaction score
Any good racing games for the PC?

I'm a fan of the Gran Turismo series, so anything that comes close would be nice.:cool:

Also, what are you looking forward too being released this year?

SiddFisher

Reaction score
Burnout paradise is out already man!!
you gotta play it.
Its gat everything!!!!!!!

nterror

Reaction score
Thanks, but that is way too arcade for me. Any other suggestions?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
GRID, but having never played Burnout, GRID might be too arcade too.

Course the Flashback system is nice - make a critical screwup? Got a Flashback left? Rewind the replay and hit the flashback button and try it again!

freenetter

Reaction score
Pure is a fantastic game, highly recommend it.

If you like rally cars, Colim Mcrae's Dirt is also excellent - I'm no sure if that's for PC though.

And if you want a free* (*I am pretty sure it's free....:O), yet good game, there's nothing better than Trackmania. Google it and download it - you'll love it! ^_^

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Pure is a fantastic game, highly recommend it.

If you like rally cars, Colim Mcrae's Dirt is also excellent - I'm no sure if that's for PC though.

And if you want a free* (*I am pretty sure it's free....:O), yet good game, there's nothing better than Trackmania. Google it and download it - you'll love it! ^_^

DIRT's available for pc, Trackmania's combination free and pay - there's different versions of it.

http://www.trackmania.com/en/index.php?lang=en&rub=nations

^ Nations Forever is free, United Forever looks to be paid.

Edit: Oh and obviously Trackmania DS is pay cause you gotta buy the cartridge.

Last edited:

nterror

Reaction score
Going with GRID (sequel to DIRT) definitely. Not too sim, but not too arcade.

Not into ATVs, but that Trackmania looks interesting. As for sim I was thinking GTR, but rFactor looks nice too.

Just needed something until Gran Turismo 5 comes around. Thanks. :cool:

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Going with GRID (sequel to DIRT) definitely. Not too sim, but not too arcade.

Gotta be a stickler for details here, GRID isn't DIRT's sequel.

GRID is the latest addition to the ToCa RaceDriver series (hence the full title Race Driver: GRID).

Colin McRae DIRT is by the same company but it's getting its own sequel in september 2009 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae:_Dirt_2

Had to be a stickler, happens when I reeeeeeeeely like a game...:dunno:

I will note this though - Wiki lists GRID as using the "Ego" engine and Dirt uses the "Neon" engine, but when digging in further, the Ego engine is a modified Neon engine. So the two have more in common than the dev, they just aren't part of the same series :)

Regardless I might need to try Dirt, anyone know how much of it is a "sim" or not? Compare it to GRID if you can, cause GRID is, hands down, the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time, and if Dirt's a lot like Grid I'll be trying it :)

Energritz

Reaction score
Trackmainia , NFS Series, dont know any other decent games for racing. Ive Heard of Grid but only heard that was for xbox360 & ps3, might be avaliable for pc.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Trackmainia , NFS Series, dont know any other decent games for racing. Ive Heard of Grid but only heard that was for xbox360 & ps3, might be avaliable for pc.

GRID's on pc, otherwise Xfire wouldn't be able to track it, and it's my most-played game.

nterror

Reaction score
You're right. Not a sequel. I saw same developer/engine/4 letter naming and assumed.

DiRT looks to be more of a off-road/rally game. Some reviews mention that it has a arcady/floaty feeling, but if you increase the difficulty it becomes a little more sim.

Looks good, but still going with GRiD because I prefer circuit, and looking forward to the actual DiRT sequel. :cool: