.rar files going corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

theteamk

Reaction score
Hi,
I am using SMF 2.0.6 on my forum
We are working on a custom rom and when my other team members, developers like me, tried to download these files, they said that the .rar files are corrupt
And this is happening with all the other .rar based files like .jar too
I have spoken about this problem with the SMF community and they have verified that there is no problem in my forum software
There is an attachment folder also in my webroot and its size is coming out to be just 44 KB in the cPanel
So, is there anything which is being done by you guys?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
1) .jar is actually a .zip archive for java classes -- it has no relation to .rar in the slightest.
2) The folder sizes you see in cPanel is how much space the folder itself is taking up, not the sum total of every file in the folder (just saying "there is a folder here named X" takes up disk space, albeit not much).
3) We do not mess with uploaded or downloaded files in any way. Make sure that the files aren't already corrupted before you upload them, and that your upload settings are correct for whatever upload method your are using (for example: .jar and .rar files are binary and thus should not be uploaded in "text mode", as this will mangle them).

Status
Not open for further replies.