Rate new site layout

Kay

Reaction score
Hey all I am going to start making site layouts for people - I will make post about that later, but right now I am focusing on designing freestyle (that’s what I call it) basically I just start designing and matching things together to make a good layout So please rate my latest work...

designpi3.png

If the image above isn't working then you can use this link :http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=designpi3.png

Please give me a /10 rating and also post some comments for changes, as you can see I still need to fix up the middle area where the images do not flow. And the header bit where you place your banner dosen't flow either yet.

If you would like a design or want to put an x10points offer for this one then drop me a PM, soon I will set up a topic making designs for people, but if you cant wait then drop me a PM. This design will go on sales aswell.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks good, i would make it wider, cuz with this monitor it takes like 1/10 of the screen up.

8/10

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
WOW! WOW!! I LOVE THAT!!! FANTASTIC JOB!! 9/10!!!!!! I dont like that yellow and the stroke cuts out on the left side of yellow box.

Woolie

Reaction score
Well yea pretty average but ok I suppose. What really gets me however is that you think people are going to steal it... So you put stupid text all over it? It wouldn't take two seconds to knock that up in any image editor. If it had been worked on for months, then yea you might want to have a watermark on it or something.

Apart from that, good.

Xenon Design

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest here mate...in the spirit of constructive criticism heres my opinion.

The content layout is good. But the colors aren't matched very well and its not really exciting. A slight gradient or 2 could liven it up more :)

So i give it a 5/10 because its half done :) Just give it a bit more web 2.0 oomph :p

As for color matching heres a beauty of a site: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

I personally like to keep colors to the on main color/shade (i.e. all blue shades) with the exception of some lively color here and there.

Also heres an article explaining the new web 2.0 with do's and dont's. Read through it and not skim read like me :p

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/web-2.0-design-style-guide.cfm

So have a look at that mate and you'll be pumping out some killer websites in no time!

As you said you'll be re doing the header/title and all. I'd like to see it when your done :)

Good luck!

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Alex, you and your web 2.0 I kinda agree, I like the header and nav with the gray, but maybe liven upp th egray abit mroe and change the main content color.

artist

Reaction score
Overall content layout is fine. If you are going to use this design to showcase games and programs, you might want to consider using colors that would better target your audience, like possibly more intense colors to evoke excitement and interest. This design seems very top heavy. (make sure the colors are well balanced on the page) I think changing the colors will make a dramatic difference, continuity and balance is key! I give it a 5/10

Here is some good information on color

http://www.answers.com/topic/color-theory

Last edited:

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
That's a very nice design you've made!
However, I think changing the colors might give it a better look.
I would give it an 8/10.

yahia

Reaction score
What I think:
Layout is small, not good.
If it is fixed (layout), then it's also bad.
Colors are bad. Fonts used are also bad
And I bet that's a table-layout... bad bad bad :D :D
Sorry dude, I'd give it a 6/10

And Xenon_design: stop saying that Web2.0 thing. Layout has nothing to do with that !!

Xenon Design

Reaction score
What I think:
Layout is small, not good.
If it is fixed (layout), then it's also bad.
Colors are bad. Fonts used are also bad
And I bet that's a table-layout... bad bad bad :D :D
Sorry dude, I'd give it a 6/10

And Xenon_design: stop saying that Web2.0 thing. Layout has nothing to do with that !!

Well the new era of the internet is Web 2.0...Like Wikipedia, GooTube (YouTube), and if you search on a css design show case site then 99% will be Web 2.0.

Its more of a way to effectively display and create graphic and text content on your website. All my sites are now Web 2.0 and you've seen a few of them.

You don't necessarily have to do Web 2.0 but it helps you understand how people view sites and how to present it so they see everything they need in 1 shot.

But ultimately its up to you :) You don't have to listen to me.

speakout

Reaction score
i think that you need to give it more life, maybe play more with the colors, so ill give it a 7/10