Re: 538 Sorry, FTP connections are not allowed from your country of origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

corekernel_ru34

Reaction score
There was the following answer from the X10 free hosting team , located in one of the posts with this subject :

this is because most people in your country abused the free service, this is a recent addition and we cannot override it. I am afraid you will have to use Premium or x10VPS to have FTP access. You may also request for your account to be transferred on Premium.

Well, ... maybe that
most people in your country abused the free service
should be corrected to something like: "statistically , we have identified that the biggest perecentage of abuses of our free services originated from IP's localized in the country where your IP is registered" because I doubt that there exist a country where almost all the people abuse the free service of X10.... Even in my country ( it's not really my country , that's the country where I currently resides ) which is Ukraine , most people don't spend their time doing that , they find it more interesting ( and probably more lucrative) to traficking all sort of stolen things , organs, babies , women , etc...

I am also surprised to see from the posts that Switzerland is also targetted by this measure , they are so nice in Switzerland ! That must be a regrettable mistake.

:wink:

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

Well of course I forgot to say that ftp connections from Ukraine are being refused now by X10 free hosting but I must say I am merely surprised.

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
When we say most people, we mean most people who sign up for x10. Statistically, a large percentage of signups from Ukraine and even Switzerland violated our Terms of Service by uploading things like proxies, nulled scripts, pirated movies/music, etc. to their account here. We have already blocked signups from those countries but these people have been clever and had their friends in countries that were not blocked sign up for them and give them accounts, so we needed to implement blocks on logging in as well. FTP was the first block to be implemented, and blocks only those countries where signups have been blocked for quite some time. We recently implemented blocks on cPanel as well, but you should still be able to log into cPanel if you created an account before the country was blocked.

(I only cite Ukraine and Switzerland above because those are the two countries you mentioned. These are not the only two countries that are blocked)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.