read this before you post about your website not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dserver

Reaction score
ok, im not sure if im allowed to post this here, but maybe it will stop pointless posts!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST A TOPIC SAYING YOUR WEBSITE IS DOWN!

obviously lately there has been some issues with the servers and everyone
would know that they are being worked on to become stable again so you
do not have to post saying your website is down or ftp is down.

if your website is down go to http://x10hosting.com/account to see the reason

if you think it is just YOUR website go to http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-hosting/13706-x10hosting-services-up-down.html

the link above will show you the status of the servers to see if they are online

Last edited:

Aravinthan

Reaction score
Seriously, take a look around guys, i see like 10 : my site not working, when in the up and down page you can cleary see that absolut http is down. But the reason of my post is that, i remarked that the absolut server, most of the times, the http is down...more than the other anyways that is...

itsatrap

Reaction score
The problem is that people hardly ever log into the forums let alone check out anything in the announcement forums.

Maybe x10 should increase the frequency with which you must log into the forums. MAYBE that would keep people more up to date and give them some common sense.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
It wouldn't help any. As stated, many don't read the forums and even when they do - they assume its not what is wrong with their website.

Or, someone will post a problem and 20 others just post saying "Mine too" ... I'm sorry, but typing "Me too" or "Same here" doesn't help to resolve the issue.

Dserver

Reaction score
i just think it gets super annoying when people post basically the same thread
saying "my site dont work, fix it" when they dont read the messages in their
account that says when and why the server will be down

i personally think people should have to have a certain post count to get hosting
and maybe have to stay active in the forums because then they will have to read
topics and have to reply at least once!

Reaction score
I have this coppied so I can just paste it.

Please Note:
Currently x10 free hosting servers are under going a Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.).

If you can't login to any of your accounts other than your forum account,

Stoli and Cossacks (The Servers) are under extreme maintenance to clean up all inactive accounts and prepare them for the copy over. Once complete Apache and services will be brought back online until it is time to copy them.

This means that if you can login to your accounts, any changes made won't be carried across when the backups are copied over.
So from this we can conclude that any changes made by staff to accounts won't stay either.
There is no ETA for the whole process, but Corey will periodically update the Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.) thread as to when certain stages are completed.

For future reference :
For any events/situations/occasions such as this, information can be found in these threads.
News and Announcements & Server Alerts

All of us at x10hosting are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, but it will greatly befit us all.

If you have any complaints about this Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.), please read the Terms Of Service

How About Editing The Forums Bad Words File To Add A Few Common Posts e.g. "My Site Aint Workin" And "I Cant Login To My Account" So They Turn Into

Please Note:
Currently x10 free hosting servers are under going a Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.).

If you can't login to any of your accounts other than your forum account,

Stoli and Cossacks (The Servers) are under extreme maintenance to clean up all inactive accounts and prepare them for the copy over. Once complete Apache and services will be brought back online until it is time to copy them.

This means that if you can login to your accounts, any changes made won't be carried across when the backups are copied over.
So from this we can conclude that any changes made by staff to accounts won't stay either.
There is no ETA for the whole process, but Corey will periodically update the Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.) thread as to when certain stages are completed.

For future reference :
For any events/situations/occasions such as this, information can be found in these threads.
News and Announcements & Server Alerts

All of us at x10hosting are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this, but it will greatly befit us all.

If you have any complaints about this Global Update(MySQL, Issues, Etc.), please read the Terms Of Service

Last edited:

apaulson

Reaction score
Im going to bump this, its very important, I see to many people posting non sense, please look at server status pages!!

Dserver

Reaction score
this needs to be known and people need to start looking and reading
when and why there is downtime instead of posting 100 threads that
say the same thing

foobu

Reaction score
true dat man i see no body paying attention to stuff like dis

Status
Not open for further replies.