*READ THIS* Government involvement in video games.

AsPeRiTy

Reaction score
no thats ****... let esrb do their job... i think they do a fine job doing it. Just because a bunch of parents think games are too violent. If the gov't did the ratings then like 1/2 of the games with guns would be rated M.

N

Nathan

Let the NRA do ratings, games with guns and massive blood splatter and killing of furry animals would be rated E.

raynor

Reaction score
Just because CNN sports the idea doesn't mean it will ever be remotely happening :p.

In that case they would have to determine what "graphic" meant specifically, how to deem games to have "graphic nature" blahdy blah blah blah...

one supreme court case later we come to the conclusion:

dont vote on CNN polls.

N

Nathan

raynor said:
Just because CNN sports the idea doesn't mean it will ever be remotely happening :p.

In that case they would have to determine what "graphic" meant specifically, how to deem games to have "graphic nature" blahdy blah blah blah...

one supreme court case later we come to the conclusion:

dont vote on CNN polls.

I could ban you, but that would be wrong. This is just an opininated topic where people can express their views.

n4tec

Reaction score
I think they should not they seem to want to take over so many things...

dsfreak

Reaction score
**** government, if we let them go through with this, then someday they might own x10!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Just vote no, it is for the sake of videogames. VOTE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Ok?

wizeman

Banned
Reaction score
i think all games should be rated E for everyone cuz we see all this killing and terrorism in our daily lives so in games is not that bad

N

Nathan

wizeman said:
i think all games should be rated E for everyone cuz we see all this killing and terrorism in our daily lives so in games is not that bad

Wizeman has a point, watch the news too.

limelight

Reaction score
Dewayne said:
Wizeman has a point, watch the news too.
I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this but it think it has something todo with GTA San Andreas having a secret mini game where you can have sex or something. I'm not sure.

But that is pretty dumb.

N

Nathan

That's excactly what it's about, the exploited code in the GTA: San Andreas PC game.

wonkothesane

Reaction score
Yup, terrorist acts, highschool-shootouts, 9-11, recent london bombings. Kids see more violence on tv than what is simulated on pc. Furthermore, even games with a Mature rating is accessed by kids sooner or later.

N

Nathan

That's excactly what the Sync magazine guy said on CNN, he said it should be the parents responsibility to keep the games out of kids hands.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
That is tue but my parentes don't care woot! Thats why I love them! The more the terrorism on TV is much more than the games people should know that....

Maurice

Reaction score
I personally think it's their fault. Look at the game Area 51, they suddenly went public with it with the alien stuff etc. So they made a game of it. There are allot of games of movies or real life news. It's their own fault, they can't suddenly stop it.

K

Kayne

ademonicbaby said:
I personally think it's their fault. Look at the game Area 51, they suddenly went public with it with the alien stuff etc. So they made a game of it. There are allot of games of movies or real life news. It's their own fault, they can't suddenly stop it.

I agree, to the fullest Extent.

Neuromancer

Reaction score
wizeman said:

Well maybe we should stop selling games to religious fundamentalists then presto.. no more terrorism :)

hah hah

I am too funny sometimes.

If a movie theater lets kids under 17 in to see an 'R' rated movie, or even worse a MA-17 movie. Do they get fined? Jailtime? The same should apply to video games.

'R' Rated games would be violent or have nudity. Anything worse kids cant have at all. Not even with parents permisison. If we are going to make this rule apply to one form of entertainment, its only fair to apply it to others... especially things that are targetted at kids.

Whats good for the goose...

zeldaprajihd45

Reaction score
I think that the violent games that get goverment patronage should be rated BS +156.3 a silly attempt to get military personal aka soldiers