[Read] To All Staff Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

hqforumx

Reaction score
This goes to all the staff who work here... Don't take this offensive please.
Thank You..

Now where to begin, lets first start by saying you guys and this web host is a great service but the problem is you guys have certain mod security on which is basically driving people away from here! Example who uses MyBB forum here? If you do use this forum software you get these errors like 403 or 406 example the other day I tried to add a Thread Prefix you know what happen? I couldn't because of the error 406 something or 403 saying no permission to admin/index.php like what the hell???

I've created around 3-4 threads about this issue yet not still fixed a lot of people here I'm sure having the same problem as me, I believe Corey can only fix these issues but he isn't active so why can't someone else do it. Also for the past week I've been receiving this error which is getting annoying...
Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 42439769

Varnish cache server

Let me get to the point I'm not here to have a bubble at you, but I'm just saying mod security for certain forums like MyBB which is a free forum software yet you guys still have this security where we cannot edit or do anything at all because of this issues/errors. Can you please please fix this as soon possible otherwise I'm pretty sure 95% you guys will start losing clients or members. This is what happens now I'm sure you guys will say ohh change host then well i can't go to paid web host because of my bank problems this is why I'm using x10hosting... I did have many issues back in the days but corey did fix them for me. But since now he isn't active I think someone should at least contact him or someone else should fix this problem. Also i can't access my site nor do anything at all because of error 503 service -.-

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is your .htaccess file. As soon as I renamed it to .htaccess.bak, the error disappeared; I've left it as .htaccess.bak for you to investigate and work, as if this file is malformed then the error will reappear because the server won't return a response.

Edit: I should note that I'm not particularly good at .htaccess files myself, but MyBB itself is running on multiple other user's websites, so there's a misconfiguration somewhere within yours or its .htaccess file that is causing the problem.

hqforumx

Reaction score
My htaccess is fine??????

The only thing i have is...
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

RewriteCond %{IS_SUBREQ} false
RewriteRule ^index.php$ http://hqforum.cf [R=301,L]

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^hqforum.cf$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.hqforum.cf/$1 [R=301,L]

Also i keep getting 503 error cant do anything on my site also @Livewire first when i made the forum i tried Thread Prefix i still error admin/index.php error 403 & 406 in headerinclude template.

caftpx10

Reaction score
You should try commenting out a line every attempt so that you can eventually figure out what's causing the problem in the htaccess file (that's if the error ends up going).

Last edited:

hqforumx

Reaction score
How many threads do i have to make dude about this error like? Its the same error but different XID code...

coolwhat

Reaction score
theres no way an htaccess file is causing this error, too many people report it.

animefig

Reaction score
i think the 503 error is fixed for me at least today
Edit: NOPE IT CAME AGAIN!!

caftpx10

Reaction score
Is the issue still on-going with the htaccess file renamed, @hqforumx?
EDIT: Never mind, saw your response on the other thread.

Last edited:

worstlet

Reaction score
I have already stated i am moving to a paid host, i do respect and am thankful for the free service they have provided. However, i see no point in having a website that reflects the notion "it might be online a few times a day". You can not run a website that displays errors and is offline for the duration of it's life.

If there was a software issue on a installer, it should be removed from the installer package. My site was just a plain document (before i installed the pre-installed forum script. Even before i installed anything, i encountered the error. So how can a .ht access file be to blame?.

Don't get me wrong - if this issue was fixed, i would not look for a new host. But it is not fixed, it's been like this for over a year (in my experience). If a error can't be fixed in one year, that should ring alarm bells.

hqforumx

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong - if this issue was fixed, i would not look for a new host. But it is not fixed, it's been like this for over a year (in my experience). If a error can't be fixed in one year, that should ring alarm bells.

This is what I'm doing exactly same thing looking for a good web host without any errors or anything at all that might cause for me to run my site.

Status
Not open for further replies.