real newbie help needed !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyadc1

Reaction score
Hi,

I set up ericaandywedding.co.cc, and im sure I have put an index.html page in publichtml but when i go to my url i just get

Great Success !
Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.

I know I must be doing something stupid, and I had a look around but couldnt see an answer !!

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Congratulations, and say Hi to Erica for me.

The problem seems that although the DNS is pointing to x10's nameservers, and the nameservers point your account to the stoli server, stoli does not think you domain is hosted there.

What you can try is to go to the Account Panel and change the name of your hosting domain to an x10 subdomain (ericaandy.x10hosting.com). Wait a bit, then change it back OR park your co.cc domain on top of it.

Or you might want to wait until an Admin can look into the problem.

Last edited:

andyadc1

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the help, I made the change you suggested but if you go to ericaandwedding.x10hosting.com now it says the domain is available !

if I tag /index.html on to the end of it I get 404 not found !

Anyway, its bedtime in my part of world now, will have another look in the morning.

marley17

Reaction score
did you use the add on domain or put it directly in your control panel? cause if you use the add on domain , your domain is in a subfolder. the directory will be -- home/public_html/ericaandywedding.co.cc/(place your script or html here) .. put your index.html in that folder if its just a html. but if you put your domain in the control panel then its okay to just put the index.html to the public_html directly.
for simple dns setting.. see the sticky in the tutorial page.. if still same issue. then its probably server issue ,, not yours anymore..

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
The Apache Error means that you are successful in pointing your ip to server,but server cant find your domain.I just tried ericaandy.x10hosting.com it says domain available.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
ericaandy.x10hosting.com is pointing to old ip.And that is the problem

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
When I open your website http://ericaandywedding.co.cc/
I get this error.
Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This might be a temporary issue and it will solve automatically after some time. If not then post back

andyadc1

Reaction score
Ok,

I dont know whats going on !!

If I put a www in there then I get the 503 service not available message, if I leave out the www I go to the cgisys/defaultwebpage.cgi

If I tag index.html on to the end then it works either way, I was looking to see how to make index.html a default, but it seems it should be automatically ??????

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Try placing following line in .htaccess file in public_html folder

Code:
DirectoryIndex index.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.