Rebuild website on Lotus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAL Virtual

Reaction score
Do i have to rebuild my website on lotus becuase i lost some chunks of data or are they restore the whole server and a rebuild is not necessary.?

usector

Reaction score
I would also like to know what the restore process being taken is if possible.

My site is accessible, but data is from around January 24th. My site is for a soccer league, and stats are added every week. If I lose all stats from the 24th to last week there is no way I can get them back.

I know I should have a backup, I havent taken one for a month or so, I didnt forsee a drive dieing!

If I see my website and it is accessible, does this mean the restore for my site is done? If so, is there any chance whatsoever of a more recent one?

Thanks

usector

Reaction score
I would also like to know what the restore process being taken is if possible.

My site is accessible, but data is from around January 24th. My site is for a soccer league, and stats are added every week. If I lose all stats from the 24th to last week there is no way I can get them back.

I know I should have a backup, I havent taken one for a month or so, I didnt forsee a drive dieing!

If I see my website and it is accessible, does this mean the restore for my site is done? If so, is there any chance whatsoever of a more recent one?

Thanks

Anyone out there have any updates on this? :happysad:

vol7ron

Reaction score
I don't think you have to rebuild your site. They will restore the server from a backup.

You can get more information here: http://forums.x10hosting.com/server-alerts/95627-lotus.html

That link is ridiculous. Don't go to it. That is before the server had been restored.

I think a few people are waiting hear back from Chris/Corey/Brandon on whether the full restore has taken place. More than likely that was the last server backup. Your data (and my data) is most likely lost.

I have hopes that it isn't, since when the transfer was completed around Christmas time, the files appeared again and then were replaced by a more recent backup. The only thing to do is to wait for the admins... and don't go to that old link.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That link is ridiculous. Don't go to it. That is before the server had been restored.

I think a few people are waiting hear back from Chris/Corey/Brandon on whether the full restore has taken place. More than likely that was the last server backup. Your data (and my data) is most likely lost.

I have hopes that it isn't, since when the transfer was completed around Christmas time, the files appeared again and then were replaced by a more recent backup. The only thing to do is to wait for the admins... and don't go to that old link.

What's the problem with the link?

http://forums.x10hosting.com/server-alerts/95627-lotus-7.html#post527001 (Perma-link to the VERY last post that Brandon made before locking the topic)

Says it quite clearly - they will post when the restore is completed. No reply, restore ain't done yet.

Last edited:

yulifan

Reaction score
At this moment, one of two of my websiteson Lotus is lost. It was an addon domain and it was lost on the lotus drive restore.

It had a SQL db, joomla and now all that is lost.

I've created a support ticket hoping that my data will be recovered. :happysad:

It seems that the backup they used to restore Lotus was created in January as usector says. I created my 2nd website on February and there's no trace of it on my FTP.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
At this moment, one of two of my websiteson Lotus is lost. It was an addon domain and it was lost on the lotus drive restore.

It had a SQL db, joomla and now all that is lost.

I've created a support ticket hoping that my data will be recovered. :happysad:

It seems that the backup they used to restore Lotus was created in January as usector says. I created my 2nd website on February and there's no trace of it on my FTP.

Re-read Server Alerts, there's a new Lotus post.

Status
Not open for further replies.