Recieve a confirmation email that doesn't belong to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynical

Reaction score
If you have recieved an email requesting you to confirm a free hosting account that you didn't sign up for, please DO NOT confirm the account, just delete the email instead. By clicking the link, not only are you letting someone get a hosting account without giving us their email address, you are screwing yourself over because now their cPanel account has your contact email address in it.

No need to post any more about this subject :).

Thanks,
--Cynical

Chris Z

Reaction score
hmm, this could help as an "I told ya so" but i still don't think the new members will read this..as they don't read anything important unless we tell them to

Cynical

Reaction score
Now we can lock topics that are questioning these emails they are getting though ;).

Chris Z

Reaction score
nice idea cynical ;) hope this works out and new n00bs read their thread then come here :lol:

Last edited:

mohamed

Reaction score
i got about 4 emails and i was really shocked as they didnt have anything to do with me.:dunno:

But fortnately i just didnt confirm :biggrin:

btw what causes this problem?i dont think they just guessed it cuz i got these emails on my email account which hardly any one knows about

Chris Z

Reaction score
could be a spam bot sent to search the forum for emails, but it's really strange as i haven't seen one of these emails yet..

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Yeh i saw one, very wierd.

Long story short, dont put your contact email in your profile!

kenny_77

Reaction score
oopsie T_T
i'd acitvated the accounts, i did not know this, im sorry. The name of the accounts owners are: Pham Nguyen and cnetuk cnetuk T_T. I hope they sill gettin their accounts T_T.

Goran

Reaction score
Dear adam eastwood,
Thank you for signing up with x10Hosting. Your application for free web hosting has been submitted. Please click the link below to confirm your E-mail address and activate your account.

xttp://x10hosting.com/validate?type=free&username=clubduck&activation=330292244

Please familiarize yourself with the rules and our forums to get the most out of your hosting experience.
-x10Hosting.com

MAN THEY MAKE ME PISS AND I LIKE TO KICK THEIR ASS:rant2:
We need to find a wey to find out who make this sheet and put him in a jail for long time, every domena he stole 1 year!

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
People try to get accounts without using thier real e-mail address and use ones they find on the forum. Just ignore them and delete. ;)

-MicroTechXP

Flameseeker

Reaction score
if you said no need of posting anything more about this thread, why not lock it ? :p

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
^^I am going to warn you with a alert because of that spam post.

If you want to introduce yourslef post in the introduction topic.

Last edited:

genxtrm

Reaction score
I activate an account just like others and i don't know what to do i thought it was mine i recieve not just once but twice.

genxtrm

Reaction score
Could Someone tell me why I recieve things that are not belong to me!

thaibinh

Reaction score
Cynical said:
If you have recieved an email requesting you to confirm a free hosting account that you didn't sign up for, please DO NOT confirm the account, just delete the email instead. By clicking the link, not only are you letting someone get a hosting account without giving us their email address, you are screwing yourself over because now their cPanel account has your contact email address in it.

No need to post any more about this subject :).

Thanks,
--Cynical

Why? I don't recieved an email reponse lost password !
Thank.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
If you have taken the time to read this thread, your question has been answered.

Someone randomly picks someone's e-mail to try and get a free account without using their own e-mail address. Because some unsuspecting user will click the link, it grants these people access to the cpanel account ... and places you at risk of getting in trouble for having two accounts.

Why does it happen? Because it does. Some people are just mean that way.
Is there a way to stop it? Possibly, but so far - the only way to stop it is to not respond to the message and just delete it.

Status
Not open for further replies.