Recover deleted web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

decoderx

Reaction score
Hi

my web site http://decoder.x10.mx/ was cancelled for inactivity for the third time. I understand and approve the motivations behind this policy, but to be honest, I think a little of flexibility, in some cases, would be really a great plus for free hosting users. I maintain an open source library that I wrote for the Processing language, called Blobscanner. Processing IDE is shipped with a tool that allows to install a library for the language just by clicking a button. Obviously the tool needs a static link as target for the download, which is made by a zip file and a txt file (360.6 kb for my library). During last few years x10hosting has helped me running free of cost this project, which is also open and free. For this I'm really grateful to the owner of 10xhosting.com, especially because since I released the code, I never got a penny back, nor via paypal donation button, nor with other tools. This is also why I had to use free hosting. Though, every time my free domain is cancelled because I forgot to login, it is quite a pain, especially when I have to mail the maintainers of the downloading tool to explain why my library it's not more reachable :oops:. But let's go to the questions :

Is it possible to recover the cancelled domain with the files ?
Is it possible for the owner of x10hosting.com to unset the automatic cancellation of a web site, at least for users using less than a specified amount of space ?
Last question, do you know of any free internet service that allows keeping static link without time restriction ?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Is it possible to recover the cancelled domain with the files ?
if you do NOT un-suspend it within 21 days the maintenance system (computer) will terminate it and delete ALL of its files and databases - anytime after the 21 day delay (total 51 days after date of last log-in) - NO backups are made

Is it possible for the owner of x10hosting.com to unset the automatic cancellation of a web site, at least for users using less than a specified amount of space ?
while anything is "possible" - IMO x10hosting will not change the 'no more than 30 days' log-in requirement

do you know of any free internet service that allows keeping static link without time restriction ?
you can store files - at a file-hosting service (which x10hosting free-hosting is not) then link to them from your Web page

decoderx

Reaction score
Hi bdistler

thanks for your reply.
It was helpful for me to know that a deleted site is not recoverable.

I never used a file-hosting service because those known by me either are not free or don't allow direct download, which is all I need.
Thanks for suggesting it, anyway.

It would be interesting to know if a service that fits this type of profile does exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.