Red Hat Linux

Reaction score
I got a copy of Red Hat Linux and I was going to partition my hard drive and install it on my PC but lol none of the files on the cds are formats that windows can open Ha HA. How can I Install it.

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
If you dont even know how to install it, wow your going to have alot of trouble using it.

First off you need to partition your hard drive, then boot from the red hat disk and follow the on screen instructions. Then install it to the partition you made.

Reaction score
That is what II thought but a friend of mine told me to install it from inside winows. But i reallly thought i had to boot from it lol.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
[If the "files" are CD images (.iso, etc)] You need to burn them onto a CD, then boot from the CD. The installation *should* (I've never installed Red Hat before, but I would assume.) have a partitioner right in it. Just as Tyler said, once you partition it, you should be able to install it right to the partition.

Try this if you need help:
https://www.redhat.com/apps/support/knowledgebase/

komodolinux

Reaction score
redhat has a program called disk druid if i remember correctly.

you can install linux inside windows if you run a virtual machine. this acts like a second pc. you install linux on the virtual machine and run it from there.

it is good if you need to work in both windows and linux at the same time.

but it is hard to do as you have to know what you are doing plus it hogs pc resources.