Redirect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Redirect problem (fixed) / PHPBB3 update suspension

Hello.

Something is wrong with redirection on my site. It used to work fine, I didn't change anything, but since today it started going into an infinite loop. Removed redirection entries from .htaccess - working. Created a new one from cPanel - infinite loop again.
Help, please.

Also, is it still impossible to perform an upgrate to PHPBB3 using automatic package without being suspended for high resource usage? I've seen a forum being hacked, I want to have the latest version with better security.

Regards.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you redirecting to a site outside of x10? The other site might be the problem.

If not, can you post the .htaccess page that cPanel creates?

Toffmonster

Reaction score
Tried again and got into a page that my co.cc domain has expired. Weird, as they told me personal use domains are renewed automatically. :\
But anyway, seems that the redirection loop was a result of co.cc's failed attempts to redirect me to their "Domain expired" page, possibly because I already had a redirection set for it. But now they finally managed to do it.
Renewed, now I need to wait until the domain starts working again, oh, well.
Sorry for the false alarm.

Would still like to get an answer for my second question though.

Regards.

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If you just run a database backup you probably wont be suspended. Backing up all the files might get you a suspension. I suggest you try what you want the backup to do and see if it suspends you.

Toffmonster

Reaction score
What triggers a suspension is the file check that PHPBB3's update script performs before and after doing the necessary modifications to the files. If it finds something's not right it shows an error and performs another check after the necessary changes are made. Thus the check is run at least two times during the update.
I'm getting suspended during the very first check now. Tried twice, got suspended twice, screenshots attached. A few months ago it was possible to do the two checks, but the third one triggered a suspension. Thus it was possible to perform an update, but you had to do it from the 1st try.
Now I can't even get past the very first one. :(

Attachments

• sshot-182.png
    sshot-182.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 27
  • sshot-183.png
    sshot-183.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.