Redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueIce

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched the forum regarding this matter, but haven't found any thread that hits my question 100%.

I'm a novice in this webhosting, and last week I made my website to: mysubdomain.x10hosting.com/directory . Now I want a cleaner URL for my website, so I want to redirect the /directory files to mysubdomain.x10hosting.com .

I've read threads about creating an index.php file and paste the link I want to redirect to, but I already have an index.php in my folder that contains different php code.

So, I check my cPanel and found that I have features like Subdomain and Redirect. I went to Subdomain I tried to put my files document root to mysubdomain.x10hosting.com but, all I can do is add a subdomain. Failed with Subdomain, I went to Redirect.

I have redirected my mysubdomain.x10hosting.com/directory to mysubdomain.x10hosting.com but unfortunately, it shows the index.html .

I know that this may annoy everyone reading this, but is there a way where we can redirect my files to my main directory? That way, visitors can access my site with a shorter link. If an admin can do it manually, I will give them my website's information.

Cheers,
BlueIce

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't know if I understood correctly.. But this is what I think you wanted to know:

First of all, I would recommend you to delete the x10hosting welcome index.html from your public_html
If you want the page to open as: http://kostorn.x10hosting.com/, then move all the files to your public_html.

BlueIce

Reaction score
Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks for the reply.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you just move the files out of /directory into the root directory so you don't have to do anything with redirects?

Status
Not open for further replies.