Redirecting my naked domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasneo

Reaction score
I have my domain through Google Apps/GoDaddy

I have my CNAMES and A records set up as in the image.

What I want to do is redirect my naked domain (only the naked domain) elaosta.com (and www.elaosta.com) to the home folder public_www here at x10 and keep all my Google stuff intact.

Hamids-t is a subdomain I have created here at x10 linking to my page hamid.hamid.x10.mx (currently down because of lotus).

The @ were created by google

"mail" is a permenant redirect I made, but doesn't seem to be working as I wanted.

"www.hamids-it" is my attempt at making www. prefix work, how do I just make this work for all subdomains so www. always works?

How would I go about this?

2010-05-13_205124..png
pencil.png

Last edited:

aliasneo

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what parking is or how it works? Does that mean i'm changing the whole infrastructure of how my domain is linked? Because obviously at the moment google takes care of the google stuff and seems to be in control of the naked domain, but doesnt do anything with it.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh, I see you want to keep your dns servers at godaddy. You only wanted to redirect it to x10hosting right? Or do you wanna do it my way:

I have my name servers hosted at x10 and I "Parked" the domain in my cpanel and i configured the DNS so that it users google,

Here is my cPanel:
LR0V5l.jpg

aliasneo

Reaction score
Yes, the first one was correct, I want to keep my DNS server at GoDaddy, I don't want all of my pages being reliant on the x10hosting server since it's so twitchy.

I just want to direct www.elaosta.com and elaosta.com to my root www here at x10.

Thanks for your screenshot though, it helped my understand a surprisingly large number of things I didn't quite grasp before.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, It's not entirely suitable as it's for hosting that is with GoDaddy but I think I got the relevent information from it, now I just need to wait for lotus to be back up before I can test it, then I'll get back to you.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you doing the godaddy or x10hosting? Please post again if you need help.. I will be happrep

aliasneo

Reaction score
My hosting is x10hosting, godaddy is just my domain registrar via google apps. I'm not sure if that answered your question because I'm not sure if I understaood it correct?

EDIT: I think I understand now I read it a few times. I want to go for the GoDaddy way, so simply just redirect the top level from there.

Last edited:

aliasneo

Reaction score
Ok, I have the page I want, now available at:

http://hamid.x10.mx

I have created a Redirect with masking (permenant redirect) of elaosta.com to the above address.

Also created a CNAME www -> www.elaosta.com (is that correct?)

Still nothing showing up, have a set it up right do you think?

aliasneo

Reaction score
Ok, I have the page I want, now available at:

http://hamid.x10.mx

I have created a Redirect with masking (permenant redirect) of elaosta.com to the above address.

Still nothing showing up, have a set it up right do you think?

When I do an A Record Lookup it shows it going to the same name and IP 3 or 4 times before ending up at my nameserver, is that right?

aliasneo

Reaction score
Thanks for trying it for me. I tried flushing my dns here a few times but I think it's the ISP i'm connected to, the proxy seems to cache things rediculously. I'm been trying to find a simply way I can force my page not to be cached but don't know of any.

aliasneo

Reaction score
This is kind of annoying, I was able to access the page from my phone, because of the data plan, since my ISP can't find it. However, I FTPd and replaced the index.php and now it isnt found on my phone either. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.