Redirects to x10hosting.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasneo

Reaction score
I added, with help from other threads, an addon domain to my domain.

my main domain is: hamid.x10.mx
I added the add-on domain: hamids-it.elaosta.com which links to public_html/hamids-it.elaosta.com, that was set up automatically by the addon stuff.

I uploaded my wordpress site to the home directory of this new subdomain.

I ran http://hamids-it.elaosta.com/wp-admin/install.php which set up my wordpress blog correctly.

Now it has finished, if I goto http://hamids-it.elaosta.com it just redirectly me to x10hosting.com.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site shows up with its blog.

Try clearing your browser's cache, it sounds like your browser or ISP is serving up the old page.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Could you try it again please?

I changed the A name stuff from my registrar just before posting, now it gives different behaviour, my browser simply says it can't find the page.

Is it correct for me to have an A name for hamids-it.elaosta.com going to 69.175.120.10 at my registrar?

Thanks.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Your blog shows up for me as well.

If you're on windows open the command line and do an "ipconfig /flushdns" otherwise it may take a few hours to show up.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
I suggest you change the nameservers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com instead of using an A record.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Is it ok to do that, and how do I do it?

Bear in mind, only a subdomain of my doamin it to be used here, the main domain is being used for google apps.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, you can actually still use google apps while using x10hosting.. You have to change the nameservers to x10hosting's and park the domain and then go into your google apps and re-link the domain, but if it's a subdomain for your x10hosting, I suggest using the A record or a cName.

aliasneo

Reaction score
I'll stick with the A record then for now, I'v tried the ipconfig /flushdns suggestion and well as other things like clearing browser cache and CTRL+F5 to reload page.

Can't seem to get anything to work, my ISP simply won't show me the page even though it loads fine through a proxy.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Try visiting your site in a few hours, that usually works for me.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Heh thanks, I'll go to bed then, damn ISPs ruining my sleepless nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.