Refresh Script

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Someone make a similar thing to http://www.refreshthing.com/ where a user can enter time and it will refresh the frame or whatever with the time specified and it will loop similar to the site above..

150-200pts depending on how good it is.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's really, truly incredibly simple* -- but it only works for pages that don't "unbox" themselves, and it requires JavaScript be enabled. I'm just wondering if it's the best solution for your problem (I have a habit of wondering about things like that when I don't know what the problem is). The reason I ask is because the method used has a couple of drawbacks -- one being that it requires JS, and another being that it can mess with the user if the part being refreshed requires any interaction beyond clicking a button. If you could explain the aim in a little more detail, that would be great. (And you can always PM me to go into more detail.)

*The script generates a new frameset page. The top frame's src is a GET parameterized request for the form page. The bottom frame's src is the requested URL. In the top frame, a bit of generated JavaScript creates a timeOut to reload the frameset on the schedule specified. (I might have used an interval to reload just the bottom frame, but that's just a matter of style.)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
All I need is to refresh one page that shows some images in random order, just like refreshing and iframe..