Regarding Account Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

analye

Reaction score
My apologies for uploading the incriminating files - my account was compromised by someone I thought was going to upload a sample template for a page I'm building. Looks like they had other plans.

I'd really appreciate my account back and sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused on your part. I'll see to it this doesn't happen again.

Regards,

- Nick.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
You are fully responsible for the content of your own account. This other person has caused your account to be permanently suspended for a zero tolerance violation of the terms of service.

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

If you allowed them access, it is not really a compromised account. You are responsible for everything uploaded by yourself, and people you grant access, as well as for keeping passwords private and secure.

In this case this means the suspension will stand as permanent, you gave them permission to upload files to your account, you should have made sure those files was also abiding our TOS.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You are completely responsible for what is uploaded to your account. The TOS states that only the owner of the hosting account is allowed access to the account, yet you risked letting someone else access the account. Therefore, your suspension is permanent. Any access to the account whatsoever (including backups) is not allowed.

analye

Reaction score
Well, a good reprimanding he shall receive...

It is impossible for me to retrieve the legitimate files that were on the server? I had invested much time in them and don't have a local backup.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, under a permanent suspension all access is revoked, no backups will be made available.

analye

Reaction score
Is it possible an administrator or moderator could access the directories with the files for me, create a zipped backup, and email me it? It's a modified MediaWiki script that took me hours to create, as did writing the individual pages.

If truly nothing more can be done, again I have to apologize to the x10hosting team. I've learned my lesson in security.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You were actually just told by an admin there are no backups provided under a permanent suspension...

analye

Reaction score
I'll beg if I have to. Shame on me for not making a local backup, but I was hoping some mercy would be shown. I'd prefer to not lose hours of work but I'll start from scratch if absolutely necessary.

If the answer is a no, then I'd request my account and all data on the server pertaining to it be permanently deleted.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The answer is no. The account will be terminated sometime after it has been suspended for at least 14 days.

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
No, we cannot provide a backup with permanent suspension, regardless of the circumstances.

Your account will automatically be deleted after a minimum of 14 days. We do not expedite deletions of suspended accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.