register globals

Status
Not open for further replies.

joandajer

Reaction score
im trying to install a e-commerce site but i cannot not do it because is giving me an error like the register_globals is off on php.ini...can some one help to turn it on?

Colin

Reaction score
You may have to contact Corey or Bryon about this, but can you tell me where are you trying to install the site, what folder etc.
Also are you trying to edit the file? Do you know what are its CHMOD permissions?

Last edited:

jaygreentree

Reaction score
register_globals is off for security. If it was enabled it could lead to php hackers to possibly gain access to the servers and cause major problems.

Colin

Reaction score
LOL I know what he is talking about now. Ya as Jay said it is turned off.

Last edited:

joandajer

Reaction score
ok, now that i cannot have os commenrce may i know how to enter to my fantastico link, cause i think they remove the link from the cpanel?

Colin

Reaction score
We are having problems with the rvskin cpanel uses so links, text and in some cases images are missing.

jaygreentree

Reaction score
joandajer said:
ok, now that i cannot have os commenrce may i know how to enter to my fantastico link, cause i think they remove the link from the cpanel?
As stated in the cpanel errors post if you are using RVSkin you will not be able to access some features. They are working on a solution to the problem.

cetutnx1

Reaction score
Use search... i've answered a topic about how to get register_globals on with an .httpaccess file... or search in php.net i find it there

Energritz

Reaction score
Just to let all those that want Global Variable On, If they turn on this Feature the Hackers of the internet if they discovered what this site i for then its just like saying come inside to my house without the welcome or you knowing that the person has entered the house.
In Other Words if they Turn it "ON", All our Sites are at Risk, because its a Global Variable, .htaccess File, is up to you, But be sure to check that it Doesnt Violate the ToS, or you may get Suspensed for Attempting/Doing it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.