registered domain help (yes I have searched)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theascended

Reaction score
I own my own domain and would like to use it without redirect for my x10 site. I use my registrar (no-ip) to manage subdomains with various IP addresses so I'm not able to change the name servers for my domain.

I can change the record for the root and www.root to pretty much anything I want, is there anyway I can use the domain to access my x10?

FalseHope

Reaction score
point the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com and add the domain to your add on domains or your parked ones.

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
Set the a record on your domain to 74.86.116.190
Then park it or set it as your main domain.

Last edited:

theascended

Reaction score
point the name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com and add the domain to your add on domains or your parked ones.
Please take no offense, but as I stated in my original post, I am not able to alter the name servers as it would destroy my ability to maintain subdomains with different IP addresses.

Set the a record on your domain to 74.86.116.190
Then park it or set it as your main domain.
I have tried both, in fact, at present the root and www.root are pointed to said address and the domain is parked.

theascended.org
www.theascended.org

All I get when going to the address is a success meessage that cpanel is working with apache.

theascended

Reaction score
Fixed. The ip for the server I'm on is listed wrong... where ever I got it. After looking up the ip with nslookup everything is happy.

The ip is 74.86.240.236 btw.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
74.86.116.190 is the server IP.
74.86.240.236 is a secondary IP of the server, which is used by accounts.

I'm glad you could fix it yourself. If you need further assistance feel free to re-open this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.