registration stuck in redirect loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

superflux

Reaction score
For some reason after trying to validate my registration, I get stuck in a redirect loop. Even when I try to login to the member's panel, it gets stuck in a redirect loop.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi superflux, thank you for the report of the issue. I am looking into this now.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hello superflux, this issue has been resolved. You will need to resubmit your sign up, however you should be able to request the same domain name. You may have also received a bogus "account created" email from my testing - you may ignore that. Please let me know if you experience any further troubles.

superflux

Reaction score
Thank you. There is still a problem though. I tried to register again but it says "We've detected that you've already signed up for an account today."

I tried to login but that also did not work with the reason:

• Removed for inactivity;
  • Suspended and removed for a Terms violation; or
  • Requested to be deleted.
I know I should ignore the login problem but, I cannot register again. What should I do?

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The login problem is because Bryon had to nuke your account in order to make the sign-up work. However, there is an IP filter to prevent multiple sign-ups from the same IP address in a short period of time (people signing up for several accounts quickly are usually up to no good). It's not connected directly to your email address, etc., and would need to have been cleared manually from a large log of IP addresses (a fellow could go cross-eyed trying it). The IP address hold will clear itself automatically, so you should be able to sign up again tomorrow.

(Do note, though, that if you and a bunch of your friends all try to sign up from the same local area network/public hotspot, only the first in would be able to sign up on any given day, since as far as the internet is concerned you would all have the same IP address. Only the local router would know you have different local IP addresses.)

superflux

Reaction score
So today, I tried to sign up again using the same username I originally registered with and in the subdomain name registration process, it says: "It looks like you already have an x10Hosting account."

It gives me an option to log in and when I tried to log in, it says it cannot find my hosting account which was the same message as yesterday.

It appears that I am stuck in a loop, but of a different kind this time. I cannot register subdomain because the registration says I already have a hosting account so I try to log in with that information and the account is not found. I am also able to reset password on the account as well but I cannot log in.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi superflux, the process that you are experiencing now is normal. Once you sign in, you'll be prompted back to the original signup form - this time without needing to provide an email address or password. You'll then just need to complete the CAPTCHA and agree to the Terms of Service. It will then place your signup under your existing, authenticated account, and forward you back to the authenticated area.

superflux

Reaction score
Thank you so much for helping me with this issue. The other odd issue I now have is that the domain I signed up for seemed to work then a sign up error appears saying:
"Unfortunately it seems that the domain name entered during your sign up is no longer availble."

I check the subdomain registration again and it says the subdomain is available. It did appear to have signed up correctly since it says I cannot register for another domain (I thought the registration failed so I tried testing by signing up for a different subdomain instead).

Last edited:

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Hi superflux, I've forced your registration to process. That final issue was caused by my testing after having fixed the original redirect loop issue. Sorry for that. You should have received an email containing information on your hosting account, and you should be able to sign into your account using your credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.