Reincarnation

Dan

Reaction score
No. If everyone reincarnated every time someone died, I a new body, then we would still have the same population as we did when we, the human race, started out... so probably 3 people.
That is not true because we would still have had children...! I think that you mean the human race population wouldn't be able to get any smaller than it is. Also, reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean you come back as a human, some think you are reincarnated as a bird or fish or another kind of animal.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
I do not believe in it. The concept requires belief in the soul, and as such seems completely illogical to me.

JuniorD

Reaction score
That is not true because we would still have had children...! I think that you mean the human race population wouldn't be able to get any smaller than it is. Also, reincarnation doesn't necessarily mean you come back as a human, some think you are reincarnated as a bird or fish or another kind of animal.

Hm. How come the human population hasn't swelled? We seem to be killing a lot of your buds in the tree form.

I believe in souls, but once your earthly body is dead, its dead. You can't come back. Your sent over elsewhere, perhaps hell or heaven. Though I do believe some may stay on earth as souls who are grieving and walk around in apparitional forms. I'm christian, and I am pretty confident that how tis. I believe it absurd for believing in it due to the awkwardness of it. If your soul was in a different form, you would have brief memories from the other mind. Do you remember you being some dinosaur in the prehistoric ages?

Last edited:

Xero852

Reaction score
I don't believe in naturally occurring reincarnation. Just think about how long the Earth has been in existence, by now there SHOULD be enough people/living beings that have been reincarnated to remember it happening.

MadameSkylark

Reaction score
The population would have to be much larger than it is for re-incarnation to work. Organisms have been dying since the dawn of life on earth. For reincarnation to be viable, you would have to have 1 organism for every 1 organism that has died.

T

themasterrocker

To be honest, I don't really think about dying, or being reincarnated etc... because I just don't want to think about it because everyone fears it, noone can really hide it, so it's better not to talk about death or being reincarnated but if everyone was reincarnated as a animal like a religion believes (according to RE at school) then we get a 2nd life as an animal, where do we go after that second life?
To be honest i don't know what to believe but i certainly don't believe in reincarnation.

ophiel

Reaction score
Do you remember you being some dinosaur in the prehistoric ages?

nope, because memories are stored in brain. Brain dies. Energy of each being does not [-> Einstein]. Where it goes?

[maybe] that energy goes to the similar object [reincarnation]
[or] that energy goes to the universe [release]

circulation of energy in universe is smtg natural, i think.

Cobol to Java

Reaction score
Come to think of it, we're trying to live in a world not really fit to live in anymore. Who would want to get reincarnated 10 or 20 years from now? I'm sure I don't want to get reincarnated, if it really does happen.

mattura

Reaction score
[maybe] that energy goes to the similar object [reincarnation]
[or] that energy goes to the universe [release]
ophiel both your options actually occur - your human forms of energy (heat, chemical etc) are transferred (your body cools, the environment warms etc), but the environment is the universe!
How exactly are you defining reincarnation?

I think of reincarnation as a direct transfer of your 'soul' or 'memories', 'experience', 'personality' to another being, which I don't believe happens.

How would that being be chosen? an animal near to your final resting place? If not how would your 'soul'/etc travel?

cityeyes

Reaction score
Do you believe in reincarnation....
if yes why? have you experienced it? or u think that it is all an orthodoxy view

I feel the same way about reincarnation as I do about pretty much any completely unfounded religious theory. I don't believe in it. I don't hate people who DO believe in it, I just choose not to believe in it myself.

I feel that it's just a way for humans to feel more comfortable about death, much like pretty much any afterlife theories. We're scared of just dying and ceasing to exist, so we make up theories to comfort us for when we die or for when those close to us die. I get a bit nervous and scared sometimes thinking that when I die I'll just die. I'll decompose and that's the end of it. However, I would rather know the truth than believe in something just so that I won't be scared when my time comes.

I believe we should live our CURRENT lives to their fullest, without relying on second chances.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that this is another case of Science vs. Religion. I personally don't know or have a strong opinion either way, but I understand that the idea of reincarnation, and possibly god itself could have been the work of human imagination, insecurity and the comfort of believing in something greater.