Reinstalling Wordpress Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mycaraud

Reaction score
I installed wordpress,decided to remove it, and decided to try to install it again. Now I get this message when trying to install wordpress.

Install WordPress (2/3)

The installation can not be completed:

- You chose to install in the main directory of the domain cartvscreens.org, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we can not proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain cartvscreens.org (path="/home/mycaraud/public_html/").You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
wp-admin
wp-content
wp-includes

Click on the browser's Back button to fix reported errors.

Any advice will greatly be appreciated.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Open the file manager in cPanel and delete every file or directory that starts with "wp". Retry the installation after that.

Last edited:

mycaraud

Reaction score
After searching all day, I think I found a solution to my problem.
[FONT=&quot]What finally worked for me is to RENAME the folder wp-content to something different. I just added a bunch of random letters.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]before: “wp-content”
after: “wp-contentsldfk”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also had to rename the folders: “wp-admin” and “wp-includes”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Did a new install. Worked.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not sure if it will work for you, but couldn’t hurt to give it a try[/FONT]

I found this solution on a website, let me know if there is anything wrong with this solution. Until then...it works.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Sounds like you ended up with a couple of "junk" folders on your server, but that should not be a problem so long as everything works. Glad you got it resolved.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
So you couldn't delete those folders without renaming them?

I'm also glad that it worked, but feel free to delete them if you want and it shouldn't affect your current installation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.