relegion

delon

Banned
Reaction score
why do everyone follow christanity, hinduism, islam or something else, why dont everyone fowllow humanity, what are your opinions.:nuts:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
the human mind is a complex thing. It is always seeking for "truth", whether we know it or not... True truth cannot be found in this world, however, as mankind is corrupt.

The real and best reason, in my mind, is that people follow a religion because they know that there is a God, and they want to worship Him. Religion offers them a way to do this.
Yes, I believe there is a God, He is all-powerful, and created the world and everything in it. I'm a Catholic

c00ster

Reaction score
As a former Catholic, it is extremely refreshing to read what you wrote ASPX.King. A big reason I studied religion and theology was because I couldnt understand why so many of the religious texts told very similar stories, but each would say that they werent worshiping the same god, or saying the others were wrong about who God is, etc.

I personally do not believe that God belongs to any religion and I think that every religion is right for the person who has faith in it. I do not believe that Jesus Christ is the only path to God or heaven, which is completely wrong to those of the Christian faith. I believe that God WOULD send different messiahs to lead people to Him on a variety of paths. It makes sense that many of the same history is in numerous texts of different holy books, but as the regions separated it might take multiple messiahs to lead each to believe and follow God's will. The commandments of all of the texts are very similar and the main rules of life apply in all of them. Not to be confused with the interpretations and complete refabrications of extremists that use religion for power.

I dont really believe that God exists in such a material form, and that the whole purpose of religion is to instill a civil morality in societies. Just like governments, religion has its corrupt leaders who prey upon the faith that others place in them to lead them righteously. That is why religion does more to divide than unite the people of God, whom are all of us. I believe in God as the eternal force of energy that is everywhere and in all things, creator of all life - everliving and everlasting. God is omnipotent and everything that God is, is through us and everything around us. Just like the Bible and every other religious suggests, God IS, always was and always will be- long after we are dust. Our spirit is that part of energy that is God within us that gives us life and it will rejoin God upon our death. Our body will rejoin the earth.

I believe that all religions are right and wrong at the same time. Those who believe in them are on the path that was chosen for them, through fate. Everyone is right about their belief, but wrong to think that everyone else is wrong.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
You're very right in the part about God and the leader of a religion being completely different, what the leader of a religion does has little meaning compared to God Himself...

Then you'll probably think me wrong to say that God only made one religion, and only the people in that religion can be saved... God wouldn't want people to fight and argue, so why would He have made many religions? One religion would work best, if you really think about it.

I don't believe in fate either, we can choose our own fate, by ourselves, and can change that fate if we change our minds.

Rufio1

Reaction score
A stain glass window is made up of many pieces of glass, refracting the light in a different color, yet the light that illuminates the overall picture is the same.

hopper

Reaction score
people follow religions for the same reason, they want answers
different religions come to similar answers through different ways
the problem is the hypocracy within organized religion, how can catholics for instance say we are all gods children and god created everyone and ignore the possibility that god created the other religions
think of this from the christian bible, the story of the tower of babel where humans were colaberating to build a tower to heaven, god didnt like this and made everyone speak differrent languages so they coudnt communicate and coudnt keep working
it isn't god that makes religions wrong its overzealous interpretations of religion
religious texts are nothing but literature written by mortal men, it is our faith in the words contained in those texts that make them what they are, but all of them are somewhat open to interpretation and in the hands of the wrong person could be used to corrupt and cause evil
religion when done properly also provides a sense of community, time was the church, mosque, temple, shrine, or whatever was the religious center was also the center of the community, religion brings people together in ways that not much else can, in a search for the truth, that is what religion is about

ASPX.King

Reaction score
we don't know enough to interpret the bible by ourselves, we need help... this is what our clergy are for

religion is about saving our souls from our sins, not bringing people together.

hopper

Reaction score
no offense but thats the kind of attitude that perpetuates the hypocracy of the church by claiming they are the one and only path to heaven.
granted we mortals don't know everything and never will, and sometimes need help finding the path, but who determines WHAT the correct interpretation of the bible is, assuming there IS one and who determines WHAT path is correct for us individually? if god created this world then he created all the paths, if god didnt approve he would have smote them himself, religion is nothing but an organized means to communally find an answer, the bible is just one interpretation of a part of an overall story, like an ant living on a piece of a jigsaw puzzle it only can interpret it's piece of the picture, religion can only ATTEMPT to guess at it and different religions have different pieces of the picture. however even what their piece of the picture is is nothing but an interpretation of what that piece is and isn't necessarily accurate and could even be totally off, let alone the interpretation of what the picture is as a whole.
even science which is based on an attempt at precision, double checking, testing, rigid methodology etc.. reverses its opinion on things that were once 'KNOWN' to be fact because no one person, can no everything and not even clergy can trueley interpret the bible properly and even then it's an interpretation of an interpretation, only we ourselves indivitually (sometimes with a little help from clergy, friends and/or family) can find our own meaning in the bible or whatever religious tome we follow, and live up to it, only then can we be at peace with ourselves
i have nothing against religion but i chose to believe it in my own way and not through a book or a clergy, those who do are more then welcome to do so, i wont stop 'em.
according to the christian bible at least, one of the many gifts god bestowed upon us was free will which includes the ability to interpret things however we want, i go into a situation with as few preconceived notions as possible however always having none is granted, impossible, but religion telling us what to believe, how to believe it and when to believe it is a human fabrication, god didnt create religion, we did and until god him (her?)self comes down and tells me what path to walk im going my own way thank you

Last edited:

x-hassan

Reaction score
I'm a child and a muslim. I know quite a lot of my religon, though i'm not what you call a 'strong beleiver'. Yes, i beleive in god (allah), and how he created the earth and made us all as human beings and animals. That's all i have to say here.

VPmase

Reaction score
People wanted a scapegoat. I mean look when we had slaves. Slave runners referred back to the Bible claiming that it was religiously ok.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
that's another problem with self-interpretation.
slaves aren't okay, people are people, not animals.

also, the Bible is only 1/3 of what the Catholic religion consists of. The other 2/3 is oral tradition, which has mostly been put down in writing, like in the works of St. Thomas, St. Aquinas, and the others.

catz154

Reaction score
that's another problem with self-interpretation.
slaves aren't okay, people are people, not animals.

also, the Bible is only 1/3 of what the Catholic religion consists of. The other 2/3 is oral tradition, which has mostly been put down in writing, like in the works of St. Thomas, St. Aquinas, and the others.
your bible has those books? Then you do not have a real bible! www.avpublications.com
and I am a Bible-believing Christian, I am born-again. I believe Jesus Christ is they way the truth and the life. He is God of everything. Catholicism is a false religions, and will lead to you to hell. The bible says "Come out of her my people..." check out these links for more info on catholicism
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp
and for that Muslim check this one out.
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp
for all you who follow Hindu/Buddhists tradition
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0016/0016_01.asp
and just for everyone in general
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

ASPX.King

Reaction score
i never said my Bible had those books. I use the Duay-Reims Bible, directly translated from the Latin Vulgate, the official version of the Bible, which was translated directly from the old Hebrew and Greek texts, approved by the Church.

I don't use the King James Bible, that version is modified, and is not "official".

Here's mine, completely online: http://drbo.org/

The other books I mentioned are published completely separate, and come from publishers such as TAN and Bethlehem Books.

I also believe Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, but only if we follow Him exactly how He told us to.

Conmiro

Reaction score
Religion is a powerful thing. It is a choice you make and it will control the path of your life. I believe there is one God whos sent his son Jesus to live in the world as a human and die on the cross for our sins.

c00ster

Reaction score
I believe it is the human understanding of God that makes people argue about what God is. Religion is carnal, and God is supernatural. God did NOT make ANY religion, that is a product of man by its very definition- a religion is a belief or a faith, which is a carnal product.

As much as you may KNOW that YOUR religion is right, I KNOW that it is not. My problem with the idea of relying on clergy to teach and lead the way, is that that is what you have been taught, whats wrong about it is, the very Bible that they claim to teach you, TELLS you to discern and learn for yourself, SEEK God and FIND God. There is so much in the Bible, even in modern translation that tells you that that which you are shown is not always the truth. For instance, Baptists and other denominations believe in salvation through faith, and that you are saved by the grace of God- but the "works" dont matter. It is strange to me that Catholicism teaches us to do the works and be saved, while Protestant denominations claim that you are saved simply by saying that Jesus is your savior.

Almost every scripture in the Bible that tells us that we are not saved by the works, BUT by the grace of God- include that the works are important and necessary. It is very easy to see that it is saying that you must live by the works and if you are saved you do automatically, because being saved magically makes you righteous. Doing the "works" is a product of being saved!

The entire concept that churches focus on completely falls short of the truth. Religion is simply a mechanism for forming societies and rules to live by. God did not create religion, mankind did. I believe that no religion is even close to the ACTUAL truth, but in fact supplemental because mankind is ignorant and NEEDS something to structure their lives by. The Christian religion speaks of "the milk" and "the meat" - describing the growth from baby to adult. The so-called experts, such as pastors, priests, all the way up to the Pope seem to believe that theyu are in "the meat" stage of religious knowledge - and they are, but "religious knowledge" is an oxymoron. They MAY be in the meat stages of RELIGION, but they are still in the MILK stages of reality. To preach that one religion is right and all others is wrong, is relative. It is relative to those who believe and have faith in that religion. All people are the children of God- all races, gender, size, faith, etc. ALL people are the children of God and referring to people as children of God is in itself a simple way for people to understand the relationship.

No religion is of God. Religion is man-made and puts carnal limits on God. God is ABOVE all religion and if Christians would pay attention to the stories of the Pharisees in the Bible, and look in the mirror- that passage where Jesus says he will not know them no matter how good they say they were- might make a little more sense.

I believe very highly in the moral values of the Bible. I just do not limit myself to the ignorance of mans intelligence at the time that the books of the Bible were written. "A man is wise with the wisdom of his time only, and ignorant with its ignorance."

ASPX.King

Reaction score

I'll repeat, that's another problem with self-interpretation. The Bible is not to be taken literally, it's not a history book, and it isn't supposed to tell every-one what to do. It is a spiritual document, with many metaphorical statements. If you take it literally, the earth is square, held up by pillars. But when it was written, man didn't need to know, so God didn't correct the beliefs of the authors, except for when it was necessary, like in the spiritual parts.

c00ster: that's not right. We are saved by many things, all working together. Jesus died on the cross to open the gates of heaven, but we have to earn it by our good works. If we are holy, which we can become by good works, prayer, and everything, then it becomes second nature to us, and then the good works are not only the cause of our salvation but also, at the same time, the result.

Jesus established a religion the day before He died - the Catholic religion. He turned the bread and wine into His own Body and Blood, and said that to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, we must take part in his Body and Blood, at the Last Supper, He demonstrated to the apostles how to change it, and said, "Do this in memory of Me." There, He commanded us to, the only way we can, is through the religion which He Himself created - the Roman Catholic religion.

c00ster

Reaction score
you make the assumption that I have nothing to back up my feelings. I was in fact a pastor for 3 years, I have studied theology, religion and most of all, Christianity and the Bible for many years. You are assuming that because I disagree with what you have learned from your pastor or priest, that you somehow have more authority to interpret the Bible? I have the same credentials as most clergymen in the church at the preaching and teaching level- but I will tell you something that you may not know; when you are studying to be a pastor or priest, you are TOLD to relay what you are taught and NOT to look further for truth. Not to bruise your self esteem, but there is a LOT that the church does not allow you to know all the way up to the Vatican. The Catholic Religion is of all other Christian faiths an actually government in itself. It was propagated by Constantine in the 5th century and if you want wisdom, it isnt hard to find the facts about Catholicism without studying theology at all. There is a doctrinal timeline of all of the things that the Catholic church has evolved into Holy Rites and is preached to the people as God's WORD, which is absolutely fabricated by man. Martin Luther broke away from Catholicism (as much as he could) because he saw that it was a fraud that was ran by rich and powerful men who took advantage of the ignorance of the people. I will tell you something else that SOME of us are told in faith that we will not repeat it- there IS an alternate version of The Revelation which has been withheld from the Bible because it doesnt adhere to what the Church wants the people to know.

I have a little blessing to share with you - everyone goes to heaven (which is another carnal creation that describes something that seems too complex for most people unless they have a image given to them to comprehend). Hell is another fabrication to keep you in line. ONLY when the whole of humanity is dead, will you realize that all those you hated, that hated you- are there with you too- no longer hating.
Edit:
To say that Jesus created Catholicism is absurd, when HE in fact was not even Christian! He was a Jew.

Do your homework my friend, because Catholicism was invented in the 5th century (somewhere in the 500's AD)

Most of Catholicism is adopted from pagan rituals and holidays. Right down to the sign of the cross. There were people who followed Jesus long after His death, and because of their faith- Constantine chose THEIR God to strike fear into his enemies and to rule his people- he was tired of killing so many people who held strong in their faith and he could not believe how strong their faith was. He invented Catholicism and brought many pagan holidays to Christianity. He also used to prove how powerful his newfound God was by throwing Christ followers to their death to show how fearless his people were- to deter his enemies from wanting to fight. He would light them on fire as they stood on the front lines of the battle front. The very man who INVENTED Catholicism, was not even a believer.

Last edited: