relegion

Conmiro

Reaction score
You dont need a domination, all you need to do to be a Christian is believe that Jesus is God's son who died on the cross for your sins. Once you do this, he will come into your heart and soul to help guide you through lifes challenges and help you make good choices.
Edit:
good topic apart from website stuff

Lol. Yes, it can be an interesting topic to discuss. Its a good one too. I think everyone needs to know the truth about life, God, and others.

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
I'll repeat, that's another problem with self-interpretation. The Bible is not to be taken literally, it's not a history book, and it isn't supposed to tell every-one what to do. It is a spiritual document, with many metaphorical statements. If you take it literally, the earth is square, held up by pillars. But when it was written, man didn't need to know, so God didn't correct the beliefs of the authors, except for when it was necessary, like in the spiritual parts.
Okay, so I can violate the ten commandments but justify it because the bible isn't to be taken literally? What other purpose do the ten commandments serve other than telling someone what to do? "Follow these, or you suffer forever" doesn't seem like it's telling us what to do? In fact, a commandment is a command:
the act of commanding or ordering.
AKA: telling someone what to do.
@hopper okay, fine, if that's how you feel... but you're all wrong!
Sorry, that's not an acceptable post for a debate. Try again.;)

VPmase

Reaction score
Okay, so I can violate the ten commandments but justify it because the bible isn't to be taken literally? What other purpose do the ten commandments serve other than telling someone what to do? "Follow these, or you suffer forever" doesn't seem like it's telling us what to do? In fact, a commandment is a command:

AKA: telling someone what to do.

Sorry, that's not an acceptable post for a debate. Try again.;)
[quake]noerrorsfound IS OWNING![/quake]
Lol.

Back on topic: The bible, and other religious symbols/books are both questionable and hypocritical. They are questionable by the fact that they may have been modified throughout time, ESPECIALLY the bible having like 20 different versions. Hypocritical because in one section they say that something that isn't right but in a different section they say that it the same something, or similar subjects, are ok to do under certain circustances...

delon

Banned
Reaction score
what i believe we all are human, which sets us apart from every being, we have the responsibility of every being on this earth as well as the earth. Good deeds in this life will lead us to the heaven and bad deeds will lead us to the hell. God is always good to any one

[qoute]Originally posted by :catz154your bible has those books? Then you do not have a real bible! www.avpublications.com
and I am a Bible-believing Christian, I am born-again. I believe Jesus Christ is they way the truth and the life. He is God of everything. Catholicism is a false religions, and will lead to you to hell. The bible says "Come out of her my people..." check out these links for more info on catholicism
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0040/0040_01.asp
and for that Muslim check this one out.
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0042/0042_01.asp
for all you who follow Hindu/Buddhists tradition
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0016/0016_01.asp
and just for everyone in general
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp[qoute]
i am against you, GOD is one other people/religion believe them as Vishnu, Jesus, Buddha, Guru Nanak, Kali, Allah.
But the truth is GOD is one. Only Good deeds in this life will lead you to Heaven and Bad deeds will lead you to Hell.

Last edited:

hamsn

Reaction score
yes we must have atleast basic understanding
which can make us a better human
all people fight regardless of what their religion says
no religion speaks violence...but the follower wrongly interpret it with violence

Its our Universal Religion!
Edit:
@ Delon

truly brother God can only be one
and truly He is the One
but literally and certainly i dont agree with the links you provided
thats superficial

Last edited:

kateblogs

Reaction score
A stain glass window is made up of many pieces of glass, refracting the light in a different color, yet the light that illuminates the overall picture is the same.

That's a great way of putting it!

hamsn

Reaction score
@VPmase

what seems to you spam is my indication post

insertion point for a debate with you

Last edited:

delon

Banned
Reaction score
Hamsn, i did not posts the links catz154 had posted these links ( see page 2 ). even i said i was against you, He / She has no right by Insulting an other religion. Everybody as a human has the right to follow any religion, believe in any form of god. What catz154 said was GOD always punishes for your BAD DEEDS, you are wrong, god always forgives your sins and always gives a second chance to better it.

Last edited:

withambition

Reaction score
I completed all of my schooling in Catholic schools, so I've always had to take different religious courses and such. I'll just throw in some comments regarding what I've skimmed over.

The Bible is simply a collection of stories. By my use of 'stories' I don't necessarily mean that it's fictional - it could be real, it could be based on events that happened, or it could be completely made up. Regardless of its background, I think that everyone can agree that it has some universal truths. It was written by many authors from many time periods of the past, therefore the information the Bible contains must be looked at in its whole, not word for word. I'll be the first to admit that there are some crazy verses in the Bible; this is mostly because of the historical time period that the scripture was written in. In addition to that, the translation could've been a little botched... the Bible was translated into many different languages before English, so a huge game of 'telephone' was played before it became the English Bible.

The human race had to get here somehow, so there was something that had to initiate the process. Whether that be God or some other figure, it doesn't really matter because in the ending it's all the same person.

My post is extremely unorganized... I'm rather ashamed of it. But I'll clarify my points wholly as the discuss grows. Sorry guys.

hamsn

Reaction score
@delon
yes brother thats true

but for this even "i said i was against you, "

i was never wrong nor posted wrong links for you to be against me

theafterthought

Reaction score
Many speak of there being several, if not infinite paths to reaching God and that it doesn't matter how he is reached or how knowledge of him is gained. I can't see this as a logical explanation. Religion is supposed to point to God as a benevolent being, motivated by love. If so, then it would be fitting to think that he would want humans to get to know him as a personality, rather than worshipping him in whichever way our culture and background dictates we should.

My point is just to state that the 'many paths' argument and the individual teachings of various religions do not, in my eyes, agree. Even less explain the hatred and suffering in the world.

truthguild

Reaction score
personally, i'm an atheist and see no real use for religion. at it's best, religion gives us a bad reason for good behaviour; at it's worst, it gives us great reasons for commiting atrocities.
religion holds us back scientifically, divides societies, and causing more turmoil and death than any other single cause.

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I believe in science and the Big Bang etc. I don't not believe in any divine being (God).

Personally I think that religion causes a lot of problems (Look at the recent events in the Middle East) when conflicting beliefs meet. However religion can be good as well.

EDIT: This is my 600th post. Yay!!

Last edited:

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
The human race had to get here somehow, so there was something that had to initiate the process. Whether that be God or some other figure, it doesn't really matter because in the ending it's all the same person.
Unrelated to the debate, humans are a species, not a race. I've searched for information about whether calling humans a "race" is correct but I haven't found anything relevant. It really doesn't seem like it but I would appreciate it if someone would prove me wrong or right.

The same logic you use for proving that humans had to be created could also be applied to proving that God was created, and the creator of God was created, and so on. Logically, if something is there, it has to be created, but it has to be created by something else that also had to be created, etc., and that's where I've always reached a logical dead end. Usually the rebuttal to what I'm saying is "God has always existed" but that, too, could be applied to other things such as the universe, meaning the universe wouldn't have needed a creator.

TarouSensei

Reaction score
I am an atheist, and there used to be another guy at my school who was atheist. He moved to Oregon recently, but before he left, we had a philosophical discussion on god(s) and things surrounding the idea of god(s).

One thing we noticed is this: neither one of us could think of a war that did not divide people on religion. We went to our history professors, only one of whom did not have a PhD, and they all reluctantly agreed with us that somewhere at the root of the conflict was religion.

There is always a feeling of the need to help the rest of the world by forcing one's religion down everyone else's throat. This is not always true for an individual, but as a group, religions have a history of this sort of thing turning violent. Just as the radical Christians went on Crusades, killing those who did not agree with them, the radical Muslims today are doing the same, killing non-Muslims.

Philosophically, everyone wants an answer in the universe. Even I occasionally utter something about God, as I used to be a Christian. The thing is, we tend to assume things, as a species. We have no real evidence for a God. Now, I do not claim there is evidence against a god either, but the truth is, we cannot know. In reading the Bible, I noticed contradictions, or inaccuracies, and that bothered me, eventually causing me to lose faith.

I have morals, to the disbelief of some christians around me, and I am understanding of others' religions. I respect every individual's right to his or her religion, and I respectfully disagree, citing lack of evidence. But in no way to I attempt to have everyone become atheist. The only time I argue against religion is if I feel I am having religion pushed onto me.

Congrats to everyone for keeping this a mature, intelligent discussion so far, normally that does not happen.

withambition

Reaction score
Unrelated to the debate, humans are a species, not a race. I've searched for information about whether calling humans a "race" is correct but I haven't found anything relevant. It really doesn't seem like it but I would appreciate it if someone would prove me wrong or right.

The same logic you use for proving that humans had to be created could also be applied to proving that God was created, and the creator of God was created, and so on. Logically, if something is there, it has to be created, but it has to be created by something else that also had to be created, etc., and that's where I've always reached a logical dead end. Usually the rebuttal to what I'm saying is "God has always existed" but that, too, could be applied to other things such as the universe, meaning the universe wouldn't have needed a creator.

Oh, you're absolutely correct. Race deals with appearances, such as the color of one's skin while species would refer to the biological classification; therefore, species would've been correct. Thank you though!

I understand where you're coming from - technically the list would go on forever. We most likely evolved from the single-celled organisms that floated around the water. The Earth was created due to the sun pulling space junk into its orbit and due to its gravity, the earth was rounded into an ellipsoid. Then the sun was formed from nebula, which is dust, plasma, and hydrogen. It just keeps going haha.

The basic point is that no matter which religion you choose, we all got here the same way.