Remove IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

monky91

Reaction score
IE 7 really mess up my network and computer. But I can't restore back to the time before I installed IE 7.. sh*t

Although I try to remove it using the [ADD and remove apps] in teh control panel, by clicking [Show Updates] but after I restart my comp, it still working???

Please, i need some help.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Download IE6 then uninstall it?

acidburn0520

Reaction score
What's wrong with IE 7... I'm using it right now, have been since it was in Beta.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Yeah IE7 sucks.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
  1. Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
  2. Click "Add or Remove Programs."
  3. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
  4. Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
  5. Go here and select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.

monky91

Reaction score
Yeah IE7 sucks.

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP
  1. Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
  2. Click "Add or Remove Programs."
  3. Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
  4. Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
  5. Go here and select the appropriate version of Internet Explorer 7 for your operating system.

Yes, I did what you just told me, after i restart, IE7 is still working, and when i click ie6setup, it say bla bla bla is pending to resatart.

monky91

Reaction score
now I restore back to the time I just [restored] back from the time I upgrade to SP2, I try to remove it again, it say unable to find ieeula.chm. WHy?

Chris Z

Reaction score
ya, i really hate IE7 starting up, it won't let me go anywhere until the home page loads or until the live toolbar loads, which could be like up to a minute :mad:

Last edited:

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
IE 7 copy the same type of design view as firefox, and opera also follows it, I am wondering why would microsoft want to continue to invest on this browser which have tons of security patches to update on. Its like a never ending loop holes which will continue forever, till your harddisk out of space.

monky91

Reaction score
IE 7 copy the same type of design view as firefox, and opera also follows it, I am wondering why would microsoft want to continue to invest on this browser which have tons of security patches to update on. Its like a never ending loop holes which will continue forever, till your harddisk out of space.

Bill Gates just want to tell people that : What other did, I can do it too@!!!

Furthermore, it just make people believe that it is another reason why to choose Ms OS, especially M's genuine OS...

Cubeform

Reaction score
During the beta editions, good ol' System Restore always worked for me...

It's kind of crude, but it does work.

Oh, and stealth-thunder, what do you mean by "design view"? If you mean the tabs, Opera was the first to include tabbed browsing (or at least multiple pages in the same window).

And, what's wrong with IE7 anyways?

Last edited:

Bazor

Reaction score
During the beta editions, good ol' System Restore always worked for me...

It's kind of crude, but it does work.

Oh, and stealth-thunder, what do you mean by "design view"? If you mean the tabs, Opera was the first to include tabbed browsing (or at least multiple pages in the same window).

And, what's wrong with IE7 anyways?

IE7 isn't totally bad, but there are better broswers out there. Firefox is pretty good. It has most of the features of IE but it loads much faster and you can use widgets(I think) and plugins to expand the capabilities of Firefox. Netscape is similar to Firefox, at least the GUI. I only used Netscape on Linux and not for very long, so I can't say much about it. Right now though I love Opera. It has more features than any broswer I have seen and it can also use widgets. With Opera you can fool sites into believeing that you are using IE or Mozilla. Another great feature is Voice-Commands and mouse gestures. Everyone should at least try Opera once. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.