Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Tom Tancredo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

panop

Reaction score
As for Republicans, I really like McCain the best. He's a longshot candidate now, but he seems to have character, in both his professional and personal life.

Guliani has gone through 3 different wives, and says that "his personal life will not affect his professional life." Can we say dead wrong?

Romney, although he has good policies, is a Mormon, and not to sound offensive, but I really don't want a mormon as the President. (Isn't the Republican party supposed to stand for Christian values?)

Anyway, who do you support?

Democrats are in another thread...

WoodsballJesse

Reaction score
I like John McCain also. Since he was a POW, I believe that he would know how best to handle Iraq and, potentially, Iran.

Jayecifer

Reaction score
Your decision is based solely ending a war? Psssh... Anyone in office could end the war at any time they choose.

President: "Ok, let end this war."

Milliary Officials: "Lets pack it up boys... we're going home."

The End.

voice

Reaction score
I have recently decided I a Huckabee supporter for one reason and one reason alone: Chuck Norris.

I recently saw a Huckabee campaign ad which featured chuck Norris and I can't remember ever laughing so hard at a campaign ad. At first, I thought it was fake, but no... sure seems to be legit. It featured such great lines as "My plan for border control? Two words: Chuck Norris." and a segment containing "huckchuck facts" where Chuck Norris would say something about Huckabee's campaign an the Mike Huckabee would quote a Chuck Norris "fact". My favorite fact was "Chuck Norris doesn't endorse, he tells America how it's gonna be." I'm referring to Chuck Norris and Mike Huckabee as a sungle unit from now on, and they are called "Chuckabee".

Chuck Norris Approved!

-Jake

-----
Link to the ad.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Not sure who; honestly whoever we get for president won't change many things, but either Giuliani, Huckabee, Ron Paul, Romney, or Thompson. Too bad I don't know all their views, but then again the election is still awhile from now..

voice

Reaction score
Mitt would be a good president, don't judge him just for his religion.

I have to side with sudvaldivieso on this. Even though I've already declared Huckabee to be the best (Chuck Norris Approved!), I say people shouldn't knock Romney too hard for bring Mormon. I brought in panop's quote because, yes, the Republican party does generally support Christian values, but people tend to forget that Mormons are Christians. To say they're not is like saying, "Baptists aren't Christians."

Although I'm not a Mormon myself and have no intention of converting because I do have some idealogical differences, I would not mind in the least living in a chiefly Mormon neighborhood. There are exceptions to every rule, but it has been my experience that many Mormon families do a far better job at embracing old-fashioned Christian values than do many other Christian denominations.

Finally, remember that a person's faith will shape his or her values, but history has shown us that our fears over a President's religion really don't hold that much weight. JFK was Catholic. This left many people to fear that electing him would be opening the White House to Papal control. Although I'm sure Kennedy probably received counsel from the Pope while he was in office, he didn't force Catholicism on the country as so many people had feared would be the result. Romney shouldn't be discounted over his faith.

And that's my two cents. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

-Jake

jaredlp

Reaction score
I have to side with sudvaldivieso on this. Even though I've already declared Huckabee to be the best (Chuck Norris Approved!), I say people shouldn't knock Romney too hard for bring Mormon. I brought in panop's quote because, yes, the Republican party does generally support Christian values, but people tend to forget that Mormons are Christians. To say they're not is like saying, "Baptists aren't Christians."

Although I'm not a Mormon myself and have no intention of converting because I do have some idealogical differences, I would not mind in the least living in a chiefly Mormon neighborhood. There are exceptions to every rule, but it has been my experience that many Mormon families do a far better job at embracing old-fashioned Christian values than do many other Christian denominations.

Finally, remember that a person's faith will shape his or her values, but history has shown us that our fears over a President's religion really don't hold that much weight. JFK was Catholic. This left many people to fear that electing him would be opening the White House to Papal control. Although I'm sure Kennedy probably received counsel from the Pope while he was in office, he didn't force Catholicism on the country as so many people had feared would be the result. Romney shouldn't be discounted over his faith.

And that's my two cents. I may be wrong, but I hope I'm not.

-Jake
I'm completely agree with both of you, however everybody talk about romney is gonna change the nation.

stillercity

Reaction score
Guiliani will win the primaries I think, but I don't think he should get it. He would make a very good president but he does not go by base party lines, and that is what the republican party and the US really needs. The person who fits this the best in the Republican Party is Mike Huckabee. He fights for what is right, and most people will agree he is a great person. People, don't let good speakers fool you, Bill Clinton was a good speaker, as was Hitler, and Stalin. Do not be fooled and vote for the candidate with the most cunning speeches, or avoid picking somebody because they are a little jittery when they speak. Mike Huckabee for president!

John MCcain is too creepy, plus he is way to close to being Democratic. Romney would be a great candidate also, but he has to stick to party lines, I don't care if he's morman or Jewish or Catholic, he is a good politician. Guiliani would be a good choice, but he also needs to stick to party lines. The rest don't have a chance, so I won't say anything about them, but I do like Thompson, Hunter, and Paul.

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Well after seeing so many people drop (Romney unfortunately), I imagine I'm going to support Huckabee. Many people are concerned about his religious ideas, but I figure that with a primarily Democrat controlled Congress, none of his religious agenda will have a chance (who knows, maybe he's just doing it for the votes).

McCain has experience but I disagree with many of his domestic and foreign policies; however I would still prefer him over either Clinton or Obama (I just can't see either running the country well)