[REQ][250 points]shoutline

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
namnls-60.png

See that thing in the red rectangle? I would like to have it on my site too. it is like a shoutbox, that shows the users message for 20 seconds and if no messages are in the queue it stays until next message is submitted.

I want that my visitors can specify their name and message with no need to login.

If possible, if they are logged into my forum, their forumusername would be shown as the name and it should be a link to their profile.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you have a deadline? cuz I can prolly do it, I just need to know what type of forum you are using, and if they don't need to login in; what about security risks?

jonathanyaniv

Banned
Reaction score
"If possible, if they are logged into my forum, their forumusername would be shown as the name and it should be a link to their profile."

This totally can be spoofed then using cookies.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you have a deadline? cuz I can prolly do it, I just need to know what type of forum you are using, and if they don't need to login in; what about security risks?

I have no deadline. It is phpBB 3.0.2. What do you mean by security risks? What can be so dangerous by just sending a textmessage like in a shoutbox?

Also, make a limit on like 250 charachters if possible.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have no deadline. It is phpBB 3.0.2. What do you mean by security risks? What can be so dangerous by just sending a textmessage like in a shoutbox?

Also, make a limit on like 250 charachters if possible.

security risk as in someone imposing another user, since they don't have to log in?

also do you wish to keep a log of what is said?

Last edited:

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
security risk as in someone imposing another user, since they don't have to log in?

also do you wish to keep a log of what is said?

no logging please. But is it hard to have a word filter, with like, the most common words?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
do you also wish to display their avatar when they post if they are logged in?