[REQ] Counters

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
True, that is why you would have to make it imperative they click the link.

If not then maybe something a whole lot bigger. Have registered users able to play the games and then track thier movments. When they link away from the game it could assume this as end of playing time.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
:eek4: sry but I don't really get it. I'm still new at coding :happysad:. Ok forget about the time thing. I don't really need it. The important is the played games. So you just explained how to get the total value (hits) on the main page. But for the games it can't be the same value everywhere. Like a player plays game 1 and game 2 gets 1 play. And how should I do the code (I assume I should use php, therefore I already thought of that and named the page with an .php extension)

And slothie, I haven't created the counter itself. I need to be sure I do the right thing first so I don't mess up something.

And a thought, I know you can + variables together. Why don't somehow make every counter the hits as an variable and then on the main page add all variables together like $game1 + $game2? <-- only example, nearly the 1 thing I know in php and I bet it doesen't work.

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
True, that is why you would have to make it imperative they click the link.

If not then maybe something a whole lot bigger. Have registered users able to play the games and then track thier movments. When they link away from the game it could assume this as end of playing time.

A lot of coding required for that. You'd have to track almost every single link on the site for it to function accurately. Oh, window unload would be counted as 'quitting' the game as well.
Edit:
:eek4: sry but I don't really get it. I'm still new at coding :happysad:. Ok forget about the time thing. I don't really need it. The important is the played games. So you just explained how to get the total value (hits) on the main page. But for the games it can't be the same value everywhere. Like a player plays game 1 and game 2 gets 1 play. And how should I do the code (I assume I should use php, therefore I already thought of that and named the page with an .php extension)

And slothie, I haven't created the counter itself. I need to be sure I do the right thing first so I don't mess up something.

And a thought, I know you can + variables together. Why don't somehow make every counter the hits as an variable and then on the main page add all variables together like $game1 + $game2? <-- only example, nearly the 1 thing I know in php and I bet it doesen't work.

That's what I said, use a SUM statement to get the list of sum of all hits.

Last edited:

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yup thats why I am not even going to start with examples (Got to much going on in head at present ), sorry.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A lot of coding required for that. You'd have to track almost every single link on the site for it to function accurately. Oh, window unload would be counted as 'quitting' the game as well.
Edit:

That's what I said, use a SUM statement to get the list of sum of all hits.

Can you please make me the code and put the sql in a sql file please? How much credits do you want? 400? 500?

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have to much on my plate at the moment, also as I said it would be alot of work.