[REQ] Ringtones 1-4k

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Hello I have just got my cellphone activated and now I am looking for some ringtones but have no idea how to get them....for free.....is there anyone that can help me? up to 4k for any help

I have a Samsung d807 on Cingular.

Let me know - thanks

t2t2t

Reaction score
It's illegal kid...

but theres always google and tagtag.com *Wink*

chaganlal1

Reaction score
No nothing illegal just that I know some people who have ringtones downloaded for free and I am trying to find a way to get it also.

Also that link? What exactly is it I dont understand hwat you are trying to show? The website is too confusing.

t2t2t

Reaction score
Last edited:

jaint

Reaction score
polyphonic ringtones are actually just midis, there's no difference. There are tons of ringtones that are produced for free and you can just get those. Some phones rename the extension from .mid to something like .ton or .rng . But its the same file and everything, you just have to send it to yourself.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
t2t2t said:
It's illegal kid...

but theres always google and tagtag.com *Wink*

How is it illegal?? ... What exactly do you think is illegal? Free Ringtones? Highly.

When I had internet on my phone, I use to go to various sites through my phone and download ringtones, games, wallpaper ...

There are sites that charge for the service, but there are also a lot that are free to use.

Chris Z

Reaction score
go here and sign up, all you have to do is make a clip from a song that you HAVE and like and you configure your phone model, cell provider, etc. then you upload the clip, then you can send it to your phone as a pic message, send at as a txt with a link to the ringtone or w/e
NOTE: THIS IS YOUR ACTUAL SONG, IT DOES NOT TURN IT INTO MIDI OR ANY CRAP LIKE THAT

t2t2t

Reaction score
BUT, will it work on all phones? (because it wont change into midi...)

(im not sure he has used it himself)

Chris Z

Reaction score
well you need a phone that supports mp3s I THINK, i can't remember exactly what format it gives to you but usually it would give one that is compatible with your phone, hence the selection for phone model

also-i have tried this several times, it works great, the truth is though, there's no way you can get a ringtone for free UNLESS you hook your phone up to your computer and transfer it to the phone or something,but the only money this costs is the price to download it (from your cell service provider), which i'm sure is less than premade ringtones

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Chris Z said:
the truth is though, there's no way you can get a ringtone for free UNLESS you hook your phone up to your computer and transfer it to the phone or something,

Really?? Interesting. I had an internet enabled cell phone, and was able to use my phone, goto a ringtone website and they had choices - free or paid. There wasn't many good 'tones ( not that I wanted ) in the free section, but it was free and cost me nothing to add to my phone.

jaint

Reaction score
yea but the internet costs you or the data transfer thing. Its like 3cents per a kb or something like that for me.

Chris Z

Reaction score
yup, what jaint said, it costs money to transfer data by your service provider, not by the site itself

Status
Not open for further replies.