Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowas20022

Reaction score
Please Help. All link from page to css, js and etc is rejected with Error 481:

Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the system administrator for more information.

caftpx10

Reaction score
This looks like something new. Are you using a proxy or VPN by any chance?

caftpx10

Reaction score
That is very odd. I tried visiting a different site on X10 and that shows up when using a proxy.
In your case, it looks as if it would be there no matter what..

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
is there any way to solve it?
as for getting files with zero (0) bytes sent to your browser - see --> [ https://x10hosting.com/community/threads/why.200247/#post-955606 ]
###

as for "Error 481 - Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF." at URL [ http://distribucionesmayo.es/ ] - that error page shows a IP address of [ 81.169.145.77 ]
which is not a x10hosting's free-hosting server

AND
My domain distribucionesmayo.es is configured (as proxy) to...
that "proxy" might be a issue

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
That is very odd. I tried visiting a different site on X10 and that shows up when using a proxy.
try to visit (not login) your own site or other sites you know are on x10hosting's free-servers through a proxy....

one more new x10hosting's rule - visitors to our sites on x10hosting's free-hosting servers can not use a proxy ( I assume VPN also)

ddshdx10

Reaction score
I'm also getting this error.. This is not a VPN or Proxy error or a "zero bytes" whatever error as someone said.. It looks like it's really a problem with the Varnish Server.

Error 481
Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF. Please contact the system administrator for more information.
Request ID 14X[XXXXXXX].3[XXXXXXX]

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
This is not a VPN or Proxy error or a "zero bytes" whatever error as someone said.. It looks like it's really a problem with the Varnish Server
show us how it is a "Varnish Server" error

no one said it was a VPN or Proxy error
and the "zero bytes" is about Web page format errors - read the link

I notice in you post - you 'X' out the Unix time stamp in the 'Request ID' - that is used by the Admins to find the event in the server logs

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
try to visit (not login) your own site or other sites you know are on x10hosting's free-servers through a proxy....

one more new x10hosting's rule - visitors to our sites on x10hosting's free-hosting servers can not use a proxy ( I assume VPN also)
It does appear to work correctly when not using a proxy.

It seems that the site linked on this thread now works (though it redirects to *.x10host.com).

ddshdx10

Reaction score
Sorry for that but I just tested multiple connections and all my IPV6 connections are not working.. Only IPV4 connections work.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If you're being blocked by the WAF PM me your IP address that you were using when it happened and I can check why.

If you're using a proxy there's a good chance someone recently used that same proxy to do something bad, so that proxy IP is now being blocked on our end from accessing web sites on our servers. We're not blocking proxies or VPNs across the board for web access but there's a much higher chance they are blocked due to high use rate for malicious behavior.

We've started blocking IPs with a bad reputation or history of bad behavior from accessing our servers. In our initial implementation we're seeing a huge decrease in spam registrations\emails and hits against mod security for exploit attempts. I'm sure there is some tweaking we'll have to do and we're working on implementing a challenge option instead of an outright block for most IPs depending on the date of their last bad behavior.

distrib8

Reaction score
Then, how can I solve the problem?
My domain distribucionesmayo.es is pointing to distribucionesmayo.x10host.com as "http" redirection option (instead of "proxy") the "Request rejected by xVarnish-WAF" has disappeared but the url is the x10 domain and I want use distribucionesmayo.es.
My domain provider (strato) dont let me put the x10 nameservers (ns1.x10hosting.com; ns2.x10hosting.com.

Somebody could tell me how solve this situation from x10 cpanel?

Thank you very much

distrib8

Reaction score
Hi again,

I'll try to fix the problem with the Strato Domain, by adding "A record" and for that, I need to know the IP of my X10 hosting http://distribucionesmayo.x10host.com/
cmd ping shows 198.91.81.8 but i dont sure.
could someone confirm me that ip is correct?

Thank you very much.

P.D. the Strato's policies are pretty close to be a Scam. They dont let you add Nameservers to the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.