'Request Timeout' error for Wordpress site

Status
Not open for further replies.

theneale

Reaction score
Hope you can help!

Trying to debug my Wordpress site (hosted on absolut) - at present I get

Request Timeout

This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

As far as I can tell there shouldn't be any scripts running that take too long - it's a simple vanilla Wordpress installation with nothing more advanced than a stock theme (Catch Everest) and a few CSS tweaks. I put a test HTML page in the root directory for the site that redirects to my other HTML site on absolut and this works fine.

Is there something beyond my control going on at the server side that's holding things up?

TIA!

David.

[Edit - looks like I'm not alone. It started around 9.30am UK time and several other users have since reported similar issues. Could be related to the server running out of disk space at /dev/sda3 (/).]

Last edited:

theneale

Reaction score
...I also tried renaming the plugins directory in case a plugin was causing a problem but this made no difference.

hiveserv

Reaction score
Forget about it mate, my WordPress site is down as well. So is the Mybb sub directory and every other sub folder website hosted on the same server as your's is. I have a parked domain called http://hive-servers.com. What is interesting is that Cpanel shows Apache as unknown I also setup a redirect to my purchased parked domain that redirects hiveservers.x10.mx

No dice mate, I suspect a internal error with X10hosting because my site was up all day until recently. I get the same issue as you site will time out or I will get a too many redirects error browsing with chrome.

Last edited:

theneale

Reaction score
All working again now - thanks!

I've just made a static HTML copy of my Wordpress site as a backup in case there are any PHP issues in the future, to give me somewhere to point my domain to in an emergency.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.